Hansell Tierney is assisting our CLIENT with their search for a Systems Engineer (SCCM Admin).
Location: Seattle, WA (SODO)
Basic requirements include proven knowledge of Systems Center Configuration Manager, software packaging and deployment experience, OSD and image deployment.
The SCCM Administration and Packaging Sr. Engineer provides operational and technical engineering support for the implementation, testing, integration, and sustainment of Systems Center Configuration Manger. Candidate will provide application technology and server support in a large-scale Enterprise environment. Responsibilities include the design, deployment, and troubleshooting of System Center Configuration Manager (version 1706). Our CLIENT's mission is to deliver innovative, cost-effective solutions and services that enable them to rapidly adapt to dynamic environments and drive operation excellence.
This position provides direct ownership of enterprise SCCM environment including: SCCM Infrastructure, Patch Management, Compliance & Reporting, Packaging and Application Delivery and Image Management.
- Plans layout and installation of new systems or modification of existing systems.
- Provides technical and specialized guidance to customers regarding systems relevant to SCCM infrastructure.
- Manage SCCM environment including maintaining current release version.
- Provide Tier III support for engineering and program-level issues elevated by client support engineers.
- Comply with ITIL processes for incident, problem, and change management.
- Ownership of all technical documentation including: Work instructions, disaster recovery, high availability and architectural drawings.
- Create and sustain documented processes for software delivery/packaging, patching, operating system deployment to distribute throughout enterprise SCCM hierarchy.
- Create and sustain documented test plans for application and patch deployments.
Compliance and Reporting
- Patch management, update and application packaging and distribution, operating system deployment (OSD), IT system security related issues, threat mitigation and reporting, analyzing data to spot trends, managing patches for software certifications, data collection and compliance reporting.
- Coordination, scheduling, and deployment of updates. Deployment to enterprise managed systems and end user devices.
Packaging and Application Delivery
- Provide metrics documenting patch compliance and SCCM client health
- Provide metrics reporting service health: Server uptime, client heath, inactive clients, networked non-managed devices.
- Develop remediation plans for out of compliance devices
- SQL and WQL reporting knowledge and experience
- Provides highly technical and/or specialized guidance concerning automation solutions to complex information processing problems related to the distributed computing environment.
- Building small, medium and complex packages.
- Responsible for in-depth knowledge, maintenance requirements, and system configuration of operating systems, servers, and applications to ensure the operational capability of the IT networks.
- Plans, designs, implements, troubleshoots, repairs, and provides recommendations for Enterprise improvements based on customer requirements and new technologies.
- Assist and lead troubleshooting local site deployments
- Deployment of applications to end user devices and servers
- Coordination, scheduling, and deployment of applications. Deployment to enterprise managed systems and end user devices.
- Report status of distribution, provide reports to be consumed for IS - Desktop Services playbook
- Various scripting experience: VB, Powershell, Command\Batch, etc.
- Packing tool experience: Orca, SMS installer, install shield, etc
- Create, manage and distribute new enterprise images and templates (OSD) to distribution points and end user devices.
- Manage and distribute new enterprise driver packages to distribution points and end user devices.
- Create, manage, update, and distribute new enterprise boot WIMs to distribution points.
Preferred Education and Experience
- Bachelor's Degree in IT with 3 or more years of practical SCCM experience
- Possesses proven operational skills in most of the following technologies:
- SCCM 2012 R2 or above
- Software packaging & delivery
- Software update packaging & delivery
- Firmware packaging & delivery
- Operating System Development
- Metric reporting including SSRS
- Packaging methodologies (exe, MSI, SMS Installer)
- Various scripting knowledge (Virtual Basic (VB), PowerShell, batch, command line)
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA), or equivalent
- Knowledge of commonly used application installation packaging tools and processes such as Microsoft Installer (.msi), Wise installer, Install Aware, Active Directory deployments and MS SCCM deployments.
- Expertise to integrate, package and install various application installation (.exe, .bat, .msi) into a standard process.
- Possess skills and experience in SCCM 2012R2 or above
- Knowledge of SQL & SSRS, SCOM, SharePoint Online, Office 365 and Office C2R package, VMware, active directory and\or other related technologies.