Hansell Tierney is assisting our client with their search for an HR Manager.
Location: Kent, WA
The HR Manager administers all Human Resources functions including Employee Relations, Employment law, Recruitment and Retention strategies, Training and Development; Compensation and Benefits planning; Performance planning and evaluation; Workers Compensation Claims management; Policy development and interpretation. The HR Manager provides direction for the company and HR guidance and support for management and employees.
- 30% EMPLOYEE RELATIONS/EMPLOYMENT LAW: Assess and Control Legal risks for all employee actions; Policy development/ interpretation/audit; Manage the course of disciplinary actions; develop chronologies and strategy – potential Legal issues; Employee agreements (Offer letters; Separation agreements; Counseling statements; employee recognition /retention strategies. Assist Management in maintaining sound employment practices and all employee actions.
- 10% COMPENSATION: Develop and Manage pay philosophies: (example: Competitive/controlled); Make recommendations on offers (competitive placement in range); economic bench marking; develop job descriptions/tied to market competitive pay ranges; Exempt / non-exempt determination. Plan and oversee compensation budgeting process in concert with Accounting requirements and CEO approvals.
- 10% BENEFITS MANAGEMENT: 401K Plan Administrator (committee meetings/record keeping; Participant enrollment, meetings, loans, deferrals, and record keeping; Plan design and updates re: Amendments, notifications to employees (Platform changes; fiduciary responsibilities; general record keeping and compliance/payroll audits).
- Other Benefits: Annual renewal process; participant management including:
- Maintain 5-6 benefit websites
- Monthly employee actions:hire/termination/changes in coverage
- Maintain accurate census detail for all participants
- General records maintenance
- Support to employees inquiries and claims resolution
- Legal compliance (example:healthcare reform)
- 30% RECRUITMENT/SELECTION: Budgeting, Requisition, job descriptions; Recruitment strategy/
Interviews/manage process to completion; new hire orientation/onboarding; 90 day objectives,
3 month follow up (HR interview); Cost of turnover/efficiency of process.
- Turnover reports: include voluntary turnover stat compared to industry and to our own history
- Cost of & reasons for turnover/Length of service stats/headcount tracking
- General exit interview information (generic)
- Time to fill report
- Cost of recruitment-track actual expenses and report
- 20% PERFORMANCE MANAGEMENT: Objectives development (review for continuous improvement in writing good objectives) through performance planning and evaluation process tied to pay increases.
- SPHR and/or four-year degree with an emphasis in HR with at least three to five years of HR management experience
- Strong verbal and written communications
- Excellent interpersonal skills (mediation, consensus building, problem solving, coaching/facilitating others)
- Management experience that includes staff management; policy and best practices research, analysis, presentation and implementation.
- Comprehensive trust leadership style and substance
- Ability to take an independent stance and challenge the ideas of the CEO, and Senior Managers while maintaining their respect and confidence
- Ability to lead/orchestrate negotiations in business transactions
- Strong administrative and people management skills