Vice President of SaaS Operations
Hansell Tierney is helping our client, a leading provider of SaaS tools, with a direct hire search for a Vice President of SaaS Operations.
Location - Seattle, WA
Duration - FTE
As Vice President of SAAS Operations, you will manage our CLIENTs global production environment, with service up-times ranging in requirements from four nines to six nines. Our CLIENT's services are an integral part of global e-commerce: customers rely on us to give them real time transaction tax calculations so they can complete their sales at the speed of e-commerce. This is a position managing mission critical infrastructure relied on by tens of thousands of customers.
You will manage the operating teams as well as our infrastructure. Our CLIENT embraces an infrastructure-as-code approach to systems engineering. Our systems must be self-healing and self-scaling. We are looking for a partner in designing the right teams, systems, and architectures to deliver the reliability our customers expect. We are in the process of moving all of our systems to an IAAS provider, however have some applications in data centers currently being migrated.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Manage, motivate, lead, and retain a global team of systems operators to manage our global infrastructure.
- Work with application teams to define standards for applications to be hosted in our environment. Collaboratively design an operating environment and application architecture which can deliver six nines or more of production reliability.
- Ensure all applications have appropriate monitoring and remediation for all foreseeable systems issues.
- Design and maintain an incident response regime for all applications. Oversee a routine drilling plan and “chaos monkey” approach to ensure the team’s and system’s readiness to deal appropriately with any incident.
- Complete the migration of all services to an IAAS hosting and infrastructure-as-code approach.
- Working with your team and systems, deliver operating results of the specified uptime and performance characteristics for each application.
- Participate as a member of the engineering leadership team to foster an environment of high trust, high collaboration, and shared accomplishment on the team.
- At least 10 years prior experience managing very high reliability SAAS operating environments.
- Engineering degree or similar experience
- Demonstrated history of managing teams of operations in a 24/7/365 mission critical environment, including managing around-the-clock global operating teams.
- Experience designing and operating systems in IAAS environments
- Experience with Devops, AWS, Azure