Hansell Tierney is assisting our client with a direct hire search for an Application Services Specialist with Process Historian Software experience.
Location: Seattle, WA
The IT Application Services Specialist will support existing applications, extend application functionality, broaden applications into new areas of use, and assist with strategies to transform the portfolio to modern architectures. The Specialist will be accountable for reliability, performance and uptime of the key Manufacturing IT solutions.
- Works closely with the business to understand business and manufacturing processes and the role of the IT solutions in the execution of those processes.
- Performs business analysis and production support duties.
- Assists on requests for new functionality, configuration & system enhancements
- Develops, configures, tests, documents, deploys, and provides on-going support & management of systems and tools and their related processes.
- Acts as technical consultant on major or complex enhancements and projects related to supported applications. Understand alternatives, make decisions and guide team members to meet business needs.
- Performs advanced root cause analysis and provide appropriate resolution.
- Educates users on how to use the solutions and systems for optimal business value. This may include creating training materials in multiple media and formats.
- Maintain support documentation and related knowledgebase.
- Use standard support tools for incident management, problem management, and change control, including ITIL processes, as appropriate.
- Participate in after-hours support.
- Plan and execute preventive maintenance processes.
- Support disaster recovery planning, testing and execution.
- Investigate, plan and recommend changes to existing solutions to improve performance, usability, reliability, supportability and costs.
- Computer Science or related degree (Associates degree or higher) and 3+ years relevant experience
- Robust experience administering and supporting Process Historian software (e.g. AspenTech IP.21, OSISoft PI, Wonderware InSQL Historian, or GE Proficy Historian). Preference towards AspenTech IP21.
- Demonstrated knowledge of business and manufacturing systems.
- Demonstrates SQL /DB programming skills
- Able to work after hours on-call as scheduled
- Skilled at collecting user requirements and translating requirements into technical solutions
- Ability to analyze and improve processes
- Enthusiastic to learn and adopt new technology and approaches as Business IT moves towards modern, standard systems
- Highly motivated, team oriented, self-directed, and committed to successful results
- Creativity with focus on user needs
- Strong interpersonal skills; written and verbal - has ability to interact with business users, management, team members to understand problems, provide information, suggest options, follow-thru with commitments
- Experience with application support and training
- MS Office 365 experience and knowledge
- Microsoft Azure and/or Amazon Web Services or other cloud IaaS or PaaS experience and knowledge
- Process Control software and PLC familiarity (RSLinx, Kepware, ControlLogix)
- Experience interfacing with process control systems.
- Reporting systems development experience: Microsoft Reporting Services/Analysis Services, Power BI