Hansell Tierney is helping our client, the personal Estate Management Services Firm for a HIGH-PROFILE, HIGH NET-WORTH FAMILY in the NW, with a long-term, open-ended Contractor search for a Technology Services Technician (Help Desk/Desktop Support).
Location - Kirkland, WA
Duration - open-ended and long term (multi-year/ongoing)
Travel: Local and Regional as needed (must have reliable transportation)
On-Call - 24x7 mindset; Participate on On-Call rotation
Other: Must be able to pass a very extensive background check
Summary: This position is an equal mix of phone support, desk side support and remote support for external employees and requires professional phone etiquette, email etiquette, as well as exceptional troubleshooting skills. It is very important to know how to patiently present complex technical information to non-technical audiences, and the ability to design and deliver instructional training is also valuable.
Responsibilities: This position has many responsibilities and is expected to come up to speed quickly on a wide array of systems, proprietary software, processes and user preferences. The responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Provide support to various business units and organizations. Currently supporting 2 companies fully, with auxiliary support for technology support staff for an additional 3 companies.
- Accept all incoming service requests and incidents; answer incoming calls, respond to email, walk-up, and web requests.
- Determine request type (e.g. service request, incident), priority and category for each call.
- Log 100% of all requests regardless of intake point (phone, email, walk-up, portal) in into ticketing system, adequately document all relevant details and all steps taken to provide resolution/closure to the request.
- Manage the request and ticketing life-cycle, including closure and verification.
- Trouble-shoot all problems with a goal of first contact resolution. Will use a variety of tools & resources to perform problem diagnosis and resolution.
- Triage all requests that are not immediately resolvable. Dispatch tickets to higher tier support personnel as necessary.
- Identify recurring incidents and flag for root cause analysis. Detects possible problems and opens problem records linked to the related incidents. Communicate trends in received calls to helpdesk management.
- Monitor the status and progress of all escalated incidents, maintains ownership of all incidents through closure.
- Coordinate communication/notifications as appropriate on escalated incident status to; customers, Application Support Analysts, and IT community.
- Final communication to the customer verifying incidents have been resolved and closing all escalated incidents.
- Image and deploy all enterprise laptops and desktops for all staff (FTE and Contractors).
- Create, and configure accounts in Active Directory and Exchange.
- Provide training and new user on-boarding for all incoming FTE staff.
- Create and configure Distribution Lists and Security Groups in Active Directory.
- Ensure that all laptop and tablet hardware issued to personnel is fully encrypted.
- Work with vendors for all computer equipment warranty work/claims.
- Assist in maintaining the accuracy of user documentation.
- Post solutions to common problems as potential additions to the Help Desk Knowledge database, author knowledge entries, and work with team members to identify areas for support documentation and training.
- Work with higher tier support personnel to develop troubleshooting templates and other knowledge-base documentation.
- Maintain and update the corporate hardware and software inventory database to track warranty and license information.
- Provide offsite On-Call support on a rotating basis.
- Ownership of enterprise printing services.
- Maintain pools of loaner equipment (e.g. laptops) and properly track all loans to staff.
- Issue temporary security badges to FTE and Contractor personnel on a needed basis.
- May be scheduled to work any shift 24X7 and on holidays as needed
Minimum Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience with Help desk, Desktop or call center environment
- Experience in customer communications, working with non-technical individuals in time sensitive situations, demonstrating positive and proactive attitude.
- Ability to solve basic to intermediate technical problems over the phone and using remote access tools.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Windows 7, 8, 10 and Office 2016 installation and problem solving.
- Experience in troubleshooting and replacing desktop & laptop PC internal components.
- Experience with managing mobile devices including cell phones and tablets running Android, iOS, and Windows Mobile.
- Familiarity with client based VPN technologies and concepts
- Ability to handle multiple requests under pressure.
- Ability to work independently while taking direction from superiors, co-workers, and internal customers.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Active Directory and Windows Domains
- Knowledge of TCP/IP networking.
- Experience working with enterprise level Help Desk/IT ticketing systems to log incidents and service requests.
- Emphasis on customer service skills a must, with experience working with a wide variety of people via phone, e-mail and in person very important.
- Must be organized and self-motivated to handle multiple tasks or questions without supervision.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced environment and deliver unique projects on time and within budget.
- Able to maintain confidentiality and privacy, and constantly exercise solid judgment and discretion in all matters related to the work.
- Degree is not required, but higher education is preferred.
- CompTIA A+ or MCP certifications highly preferred
- CompTIA Network+ certification highly preferred