Hansell Tierney is assisting our client with their search for a QA Software Tester for a great organization!!!
Location: Tukwila, WA
|The Quality Assurance (QA) Software Tester is responsible for providing information to stakeholders, including data and test results regarding the quality of software/products or services under test. The QA Software Tester completes functional testing to determine if the software/product or service meets defined requirements.
|In this job you will
- Perform all responsibilities in accordance with Competencies and Information Protection requirements.
- Develop and manage the creation of test plans and test status reporting.
- Create test requirements using all forms of requirement documentation.
- Create test cases, scenarios, and scripts, both manual and automated, which exercise the requirements under test.
- Report defects using defect tracking software.
- Maintain a general knowledge with all federal and state regulations that affect software testing standards.
- Coordinate with project stakeholders to develop and maintain test schedules within established project management methodologies
- Maintain the software testing leadership role within project teams.
- Perform additional duties as assigned.
- Travel between locations. Some out of area travel may be required.
- Ability to perform both manual and automated test methodologies.
- Proficient with test management software tools.
- Ability to perform defect reporting and tracking and use defect software.
- Ability to lead all test related meetings with all levels of staff.
- Excellent analytical, planning and software development lifecycle skills.
- Basic knowledge of SQL.
- Proficient in Word, PowerPoint, Outlook and strong Excel skills.
- Excellent verbal and written skills to effectively communicate in the English language.
- Ability to present a professional image to management, staff and vendors.
- Ability to work independently, and as a team player, while using discretion in decision making and sound judgment in problem solving.
- Ability to effectively communicate information to individuals and groups.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to ensure issues are handled in a fair, consistent manner.
- Full-time hours required, with additional hours as necessary to accomplish objectives, goals, and projects.
- B.A. or B.S. degree in Computer Science, or equivalent work or educational experience.
- Software Testing Certification preferred.
- Minimum three years of experience in the software testing industry.
- Minimum three years of technical project experience.
- Minimum of three years of experience with business unit specific acceptance testing.
- Minimum of three years of experience using test management software.
- Test Case Development
- Test Execution (manual)