Since 2001 Hansell Tierney has been one of the premier staffing and recruiting companies in Seattle Washington. As a Certified Women’s Business Enterprise (WBE), Hansell Tierney was created to serve and staff Northwest companies by doing things the right way, not just the easiest. We strive to do better by partnering with candidates, treating your experience as one of our own, providing our candidates with interesting local opportunities, and handling every relationship with the highest level of customer service possible. Our business is built on the deep understanding of the job market and the ability to over-deliver on our promises.
We are assisting our CLIENT with their search for an Executive Assistant to support a HNWI located in Seattle, WA. The Executive Assistant will work closely with the family office and Foundation personnel, immediate and extended family and close friends, and numerous external constituents.
Location: Seattle, WA (Wallingford)
Key Responsibilities of the Executive Assistant
Reporting to the Chief of Staff, the Executive Assistant is responsible for delivering high quality, comprehensive administrative support spanning multiple boards and activities. The Executive Assistant ensures that day-to-day communications, travel, logistics and other support needs are attended to in a professional and comprehensive manner. The Executive Assistant establishes solid relationships with the Principal’s constituencies and ensures responsive communications. Working closely with the Principal’s other Executive Assistant, this lead role ensures that his many charitable and business activities are seamlessly coordinated and supported.
Communications/Calendar Coordination – Manage a complex calendar and communicate effectively with an array of internal and external parties:
Travel - Ensure travel plans are proactive, comprehensive and smoothly coordinated:
- Manage a complex calendar of internal and external activities while using strong judgment, understanding Principal’s time and availability, fostering important relationships, and maintaining strict confidentiality.
- Facilitate smooth and effective communications by reviewing, tracking, and responding to email, mail, invitations, and screening incoming phone calls.
- Communicate necessary schedule information to partnering businesses and personal contacts, including friends, family and staff.
- Act as liaison for speaking engagements and other events, coordinating with speechwriters, host organizations, and Principal concerning all details of the event.
- Communicate on Principal’s behalf with an array of constituencies.
- Develop and maintain contact lists and relationships with outside entities. Contacts can span government, business, education, and philanthropic relationships.
Other Activities – Provide support across an array of areas
- Handle end-to-end travel arrangements whether commercial, private, or other.
- Determine appropriate travel dates and accommodations required for domestic and international travel.
- Prepare Principal for travel including detailed itinerary, memos, phone and address lists, requested reading materials, travel materials, etc.
- Provide area-specific travel information such as geographic features, local customs, restaurants, special events, and points of interest. Verify arrival and departure times, trace routes on maps, and arrange for baggage handling and other services as requested.
- Arrange for passport, visa, and inoculation requirements, customs regulations, and currency exchange rates as required.
Administrative Support to Chief of Staff – Provide administrative and project support
- Receive and organize receipts for monthly expense reporting.
- Research current events, activities, locations, and other data to provide Principal with background information prior to travel or events.
- Work with technical support on all technology issues ensuring fast resolution and effective planning for technology support needs.
- Communicate and coordinate closely with other Executive Assistants on staff to ensure seamless delivery of services and to provide mutual backup when needed.
- Perform other responsibilities as requested.
Education and Competencies:
- Provide periodic calendar support such as for multi-participant meetings.
- Complete project support logistics and activities as requested.
- Perform other responsibilities as requested.
The successful candidate will have a Bachelor’s degree and possess exceptional skills in the areas of judgment, organization, diplomacy, discretion, interpersonal relationships, and written and oral communications.
- 10+ years of experience in administrative and executive support roles or other relevant experience, including at least three years of experience providing comprehensive support for a top executive in a private business or charitable organization.
- Tenacious attention to detail.
- Highly competent with the suite of Microsoft Office products including experience with OneNote.
- Expert level skills with Email and Calendar Management via Outlook
- Demonstrated experience in maintaining confidentiality; trustworthy and able to maintain confidences; proven discretion handling sensitive information.
- Implements durable tools and processes to organize, prioritize and execute tasks and meet deadlines.
- Possesses strong interpersonal skills to build and maintain effective relationships both internally and externally.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
- Ability to be proactive, to anticipate and prevent problems before they occur.
- Availability to work extended or weekend hours to complete support activities.