Hansell Tierney is looking for an SDET that will help ensure that our client's customers continue to have a great experience using their product's key features and workflows. You will help to improve the robustness and stability of our products, ensure smooth product releases, and act as an advocate for the customer within the engineering team. Your work will have a tangible impact on the millions of users worldwide!
In this role, you will:
- Bring a thoughtful, critical eye to all aspects of the product to find potential issues before customers do and as early in the SDLC as possible.
- Grow the breadth and depth of coverage of our automated tests, including unit, integration, and load/performance tests.
- Help us build and improve our continuous integration pipeline. Automated tests should run from the build system, but they should also be easy for any developer to run from their local machine.
- Bring strong organizational skills to your work using our test management and issue tracking systems.
- Help the test team identify and adopt the best tools and processes to ensure a high quality product.
You are a software engineer first, with a great foundation in building and delivering high-quality code. You also focus on testing and generally making everything you touch become a little bit better.
- If asked, your peers would commend your skill in rapidly learning new systems and in producing/improving high quality automation code.
- The PMs and designers you’ve worked with would highlight your ability to identify complex issues early in the implementation process, and call out times when you saved them from shipping bugs or poor designs to customers.
- You naturally take ownership when you encounter a problem.
- You are able to move quickly while still holding yourself and your team-mates to a high standard and delivering great results. You are thoughtfully and positively critical of your own work and your team’s work, always looking for ways to improve.
- You can clearly and concisely communicate complex ideas both verbally and in written form.
- You have a 4-year degree in computer science and 3+ years in industry, or equivalent experience.
Technical expertise requirements:
- Strong coding ability in at least two programming languages.
- Understanding of web-based software, client-server architecture, service scalability, fault tolerance, error handling, and log-based diagnostics.
- Strong knowledge of the Windows platform, .Net, and C#.
- Proficiency in SQL and capability to write custom queries to assist in testing and mining customer data/metrics.
- Bonus: experience developing or testing in Mac, iOS, or Android environments.
- Bonus: experience in streaming video, audio/video recording and editing software.
- Bonus: experience working with cloud authentication systems.