Since 2001 Hansell Tierney has been one of the premier staffing and recruiting companies in Seattle Washington. As a Certified Women’s Business Enterprise (WBE), Hansell Tierney was created to serve and staff Northwest companies by doing things the right way, not just the easiest. We strive to do better by partnering with candidates, treating your experience as one of our own, providing our candidates with interesting local opportunities, and handling every relationship with the highest level of customer service possible. Our business is built on the deep understanding of the job market and the ability to over-deliver on our promises.
Duration – FTE
Location - Seattle, WA
US citizens and those authorized to work in the US are encouraged to apply
Work sponsorship is not available at this time
We are currently helping our client with a search for a Principal Lead Developer – UX.
As a Principal Lead Developer of UX, you will take ownership for full-stack development of the web-based user experience. You will have a dramatic, team-wide impact on the inception, design, and implementation of the software and services that allow millions of people that use our products every day to learn and share knowledge.
- Write excellent code whether in the web client, the web services, or the application servers / data layer. Your code will follow industry best practices and be easy to maintain with elegant code factoring and clean technical design.
- Build excellent UX that is consistent with the company brand and ecosystem, and advances along with the state of the art of WebUX industry-wide.
- Exhibit a true passion for customer experience. Continually evaluate how you can make their lives simpler and improve product adoption and satisfaction. Take direct action to improve customer experience by fixing bugs and performance issues, improving diagnostics and metrics, investigating customer-reported bugs, and listening to user feedback.
- Thrive in all stages of the UX process from rapid prototyping/iteration to component design and development to polishing and shipping to customers.
- Produce technical designs that properly separate concerns, are scalable under load, call for optimally reusable components, and are properly scoped to the problem you’re solving.
- Become an expert in the existing codebase, seamlessly weaving new code into old code to enable new functionality.
- Raise the quality of the team around you through personal mentorship, introducing new standards/best-practices, and hiring.
- Clearly and concisely communicate plans, progress, and status to your stakeholders.
- You have a strong track record as a senior Web UX developer; responsible for building and shipping customer-facing software features and UX.
- You have great UX instincts: naturally identify and prioritize what’s important to end users.
- You build very high-quality software. You appreciate having QA check your work, but naturally feel a bit of internal discomfort whenever someone finds a bug you didn’t catch yourself.
- You fearlessly debug complex, unfamiliar code to answer: “what’s really going on?”
- You naturally take ownership when you encounter a problem.
- You are exceptionally well-organized and able to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- You clearly and concisely communicate complex, nuanced ideas both verbally and in written form.
- You have a 4-year degree in computer science and 5+ years of industry experience.
- Expert in scalable, server-side web services tech with at least 2 years of industry experience. We use .Net / C# to build REST-based APIs, with a smattering of legacy SOAP APIs thrown in.
- You have a deep understanding of asynchronous, client-server architecture, service scalability, fault tolerance, error handling, and log-based diagnostics.
- You have a strong working knowledge of data structures, algorithms, and coding patterns for high performance software.