Since 2001 Hansell Tierney has been one of the premier staffing and recruiting companies in Seattle, Washington. As a Certified Women’s Business Enterprise (WBE), Hansell Tierney was created to serve and staff Northwest companies by doing things the right way, not just the easiest. We strive to do better by partnering with candidates, treating your experience as one of our own, providing our candidates with interesting local opportunities, and handling every relationship with the highest level of customer service possible. Our business is built on the deep understanding of the job market and the ability to over-deliver on our promises.
Duration - FTE
Location - Kirkland, WA
We are helping our client, a local philanthropic organization who's mission is to empower women and children across the globe, with their search for a Digital Communications Lead - Website.
This is a unique position focused on launching, managing, and growing an owned web platform driving toward global advocacy and philanthropic goals. Specific objectives include leveraging platform to reach and engage with key audience segments and successful execution of campaigns in service of driving impact on priority issues. The role will span all aspects of operation and include direct oversight of multiple vendors and contributors focused on design, development and launch of site, as well as content creation.
The responsibilities listed below are indicative and not necessarily exhaustive for this role.
- Project manage design, development, and launch of owned platform, including the following:
- Manage vendors and work plan
- Coordinate meetings and review cycles with internal stakeholders
- Partner with web architect and technology team to ensure needs are met
- Day-to-day management of owned platform, including the following:
- Implement and regularly optimize content strategy
- In coordination with team members, oversee editorial calendar for platform and ensure forward planning
- Project manage content creation, working closely with writers and creative team
- Curate content and work with guest contributors to source and edit content
- Identify stories/threads that are relevant to our priority areas of interest and act upon opportunities to publish timely commentary
- Produce pages and publish content on platform on a weekly basis
- Manage distribution of content via email newsletter
- Monitor and evaluate digital trends to optimize strategy and pursue new opportunities
- Vet and handle inbound requests and coordinate with partners
- Upload and manage assets in digital asset management system
- Plan and execute campaigns to achieve audience acquisition, awareness of and engagement with key issues, and other objectives
- Track the performance of platform, content and campaigns and develop detailed reports of the progress against goals
- Oversee audience research and digital testing via owned platform
- Manage and grow online community, recommending discreet ways to optimize our work
- Support implementation of influencer and network strategy through platform content, CRM integration and email newsletter.
- Bachelor’s degree with 5-7 years of experience.
- Demonstrated success editing and managing a web platform, including content management and overseeing content production
- Experience with web production, content management systems and email management
- Experience working across organization and collaborating with other teams, such as creative, program and media teams, to ensure plans are complementary and aligned to clear objectives.
- Demonstrated ability to convey complex ideas through compelling content
- Strong understanding of analytics and measurement and ability to draw and communicate actionable insights.
- Stays current with innovative communication trends including latest channels, tools and features.
- Possesses an understanding of how communications advances program and advocacy goals.
- Strong sense of curiosity, excellent judgement, and dedication to collaboration and teamwork
- Scrappy, nimble, and enjoys fast-paced environment
- Experience with marketing automation a plus