Since 2001 Hansell Tierney has been one of the premier staffing and recruiting companies in Seattle, Washington. As a Certified Women’s Business Enterprise (WBE), Hansell Tierney was created to serve and staff Northwest companies by doing things the right way, not just the easiest. We strive to do better by partnering with candidates, treating your experience as one of our own, providing our candidates with interesting local opportunities, and handling every relationship with the highest level of customer service possible. Our business is built on the deep understanding of the job market and the ability to over-deliver on our promises.
Duration - FTE
Location - Kirkland, WA
We are helping our client, a local philanthropic organization who's mission is to empower women and children across the globe, with their search for a Web Platform Architect.
The Web Platform Architect plays the central, definitive role in the information technology that enables all aspects of our CLIENTs emerging web presence. He/she will serve as the primary technical expert to lead the design, build and ongoing operations of the architecture and infrastructure that powers the web platform. Working directly with Communications team and third-party digital vendors, this position is accountable for technical operations across all tiers of the platform. Our CLIENT is developing an entirely new digital presence and platform, so this position is a unique opportunity to build a state-of-the-art platform utilizing the latest web practices and emerging cloud technologies.
- Web Architecture
- Work with Communications team and strategic partners to design, build and administer a new web platform architecture
- Lead technology evaluations for the technical stack and make recommendations for applications that best meet the needs of the CLIENT
- Achieve a secure and scalable infrastructure targeting 99.9% up-time service levels
- Platform Operations
- Administer the cloud infrastructure hosting services and operations of the platform
- Lead ongoing administration and continuous improvement of all technology tiers of the web platform:
- Cloud Hosting
- Monitoring and 3rd Party Tools
- Partner with external creative agencies to develop and support operational processes for publishing and code deployment processes
- Work with development teams to create standards and templates that can be reused to rapidly deploy new sites and pages
- Develop and maintain the accuracy of technical documentation as systems or processes evolve
- Coordinate with internal or external parties to develop and maintain third-party integrations
- Platform Performance
- Develop a performance monitoring strategy and lead the implementation of synthetic monitoring, application performance monitoring and cloud/infrastructure monitoring
- Establish monitoring alerts for key user scenarios and platform health thresholds
- Oversee regression testing strategy and implementation through the platform to ensure new enhancements are deployed according to change management best practices
- Synthesize data related to site traffic, event management and other system tools to provide platform health reporting to internal teams
- Platform Security
- Partner with Information Security team to ensure security best practices and a defense-in-depth posture are implemented across all aspects of the platform
- Manage ongoing security reviews of the platform ranging from code reviews to server maintenance. Ensure all identified vulnerabilities are remediated in a timely manner.
- Oversee platform security scanning processes and coordinate with impacted teams to resolve vulnerabilities
- Develop, communicate, coordinate and maintain a disaster and crisis response plan related to the platform
- Vendor Management
- Develop a working partnership with digital agencies, development teams and other third-party partners
- Manage support escalation when necessary to ensure services are being delivered according to SLAs
- Assume additional duties as required
- 5 -10 years of serving in a Digital Web Architect (or similar) role
- Experience with CMS tools such as Drupal, Sitecore, Adobe, Acquia, Wordpress or equivalent
- Experience with web development frameworks such as node.js, ASP.NET, or equivalent
- Experience with CDN technologies such as Akamai, Cloudflare, or equivalent
- Experience with the Microsoft Azure cloud hosting environment, cloud hosting models and services
- Strong analytical skills with a demonstrated ability to identify solutions and solve problems
- The following certifications or equivalents are preferred, but not required:
- CIW Web Development Professional
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Developer (Web)
- Certified Scrum Developer
- Excellent interpersonal skills with a genuine focus on customer service
- Exceptional organization and time management skills – able to prioritize multiple tasks to meet changing deadlines
- Proven track record of working in a dynamic, fast-paced environment, requiring a high level of attention to detail while maintaining focus on the big picture.
Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information systems or business administration or equivalent combination of education, training, and experience required.