Since 2001 Hansell Tierney has been one of the premier staffing and recruiting companies in Seattle Washington. As a Certified Women’s Business Enterprise (WBE), Hansell Tierney was created to serve and staff Northwest companies by doing things the right way, not just the easiest. We strive to do better by partnering with candidates, treating your experience as one of our own, providing our candidates with interesting local opportunities, and handling every relationship with the highest level of customer service possible. Our business is built on the deep understanding of the job market and the ability to over-deliver on our promises.
We are currently helping our client, a local philanthropic organization whose mission is to empower women and children across the globe, with their Contractor search for an Administrative Assistant to both the Human Resources Manager and Executive Business Partner to the Managing Director.
Location - Kirkland, WA
Contract Duration - 6 months (high probability for long term extension)
Must be able to pass Background Investigation including Criminal, Public Records and Credit Checks.
Must possess a valid driver's license with a good driving record for occasional work-related errands.
This contract role provides administrative services in support of a complex and dynamic organization. This role is responsible for providing administrative and organizational support to the Senior Human Resources Manager and Executive Business Partner to the Managing Director. This role ensures that both Human Resources and The Office of the Managing Director run effectively and efficiently and collaborates across the organization to create precise and detailed documents, often with tight timeline parameters.
Key responsibilities include calendar management, travel planning, and support with various aspects of recruiting/HR.
Office of the Managing Director
- Strategic calendar management for Senior Human Resources Manager; including scheduling meetings, interviews, and travel planning for potential new hires.
- Provide meeting support and distributing materials in advance of meetings.
- Assist with on-boarding and exit processing.
- Draft correspondence.
- Maintain HR forms, organizational charts, and update SharePoint site.
- Conducts research to fulfill duties and requests as needed.
- Provide concierge-level service to all guests, colleagues and applicants.
- Assists Executive Business Partner with scheduling and planning internal/external meetings for Managing Director.
- Coordinates travel planning and schedules; to include transportation, accommodations, conference/event registrations, travel documentation, etc.
- Review and reconcile expense reports for Managing Director (MD).
- Maintain MD’s outlook contacts and ensuring information is accurate and up-to-date.
- Monitors and maintains subscriptions, ID/passwords.
- Conducts misc. local errands on an as needed basis.
- Cross-trains as backup to other administrative functions as needed.
- Provides high level of customer service to all visitors, guests and partners.
- Works closely with the Executive Business Partner to The Managing Director on daily tasks and duties.
- 3-5 years of combined experience in Administration or Human Resources in an administrative support role with heavy emphasis on calendaring and scheduling. Experience in the following industries preferred: hospitality, public relations, high tech, human resources, executive office.
- College degree is preferred.
- Position requires proficiency using Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, OneNote); Experience with Vizio or Lucidchart a plus.
- Demonstrated outstanding customer service skills focusing on proactive anticipation of customized needs.
- Must have a proven track record of working in a dynamic, fast-paced environment, requiring a high level of attention to detail.
- Demonstrated experience in maintaining confidentiality and privacy during sensitive situations and able to use discretion with communications. Must be able to uphold and ensure security and confidentiality of all information.
- Demonstrated effectiveness meeting deadlines in a role requiring continual attention to detail in composing, typing and proofing materials.
- Able to work very well independently, and able to disseminate information clearly and concisely.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills. Able to maintain a positive, cooperative and professional attitude in stressful and time sensitive situations and circumstances.
- Exceptional organization and time management skills - able to prioritize multiple tasks to meet changing deadlines and requests, while strategically thinking ahead.
Proven Qualities & Characteristics
To be successful in this role you will need to be a self-starter with plenty of energy and the ability to remain flexible. At times, you will be called upon to stretch your schedule, roll with the punches and provide rapid response all while maintaining a high degree of attention to detail, diligence, and confidentiality. An informality and, at times, a comfort with ambiguity combined with a sense of humor will be key characteristics to see your way through.
- Ability to offer creative solutions when faced with challenges thinking through alternatives and implementing the best course of action and working toward simple solutions.
- Outstanding people skills and ability to interface with diverse groups, individuals and across multiple organizations, treating all with respect and consideration regardless of status or position.
- Openness and willingness to learn.Uses failures as a positive teaching tool with the mindset of continuous improvement.
- Ability to engage and adopt a ‘hands on’ approach when appropriate.
- Active listener and ability to collaborate across teams and organizations.
- Demonstrated excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Experience in a fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability to juggle multiple and competing demands and establish priorities, while providing continual attention to detail.
- Celebrates the successes of others and self.
- Enthusiasm and passion for philanthropy and personal commitment to the important role that women and girls can play in transforming the world.