Since 2001 Hansell Tierney has been one of the premier staffing and recruiting companies in Seattle Washington. As a Certified Women’s Business Enterprise (WBE), Hansell Tierney was created to serve and staff Northwest companies by doing things the right way, not just the easiest. We strive to do better by partnering with candidates, treating your experience as one of our own, providing our candidates with interesting local opportunities, and handling every relationship with the highest level of customer service possible. Our business is built on the deep understanding of the job market and the ability to over-deliver on our promises.
Location - Seattle, WA
Duration - FTE
As a Senior Software Engineer on our Web Services team, you will face some of the most challenging and enjoyable problems to solve in modern software engineering. You will be part of a high performing team building high availability systems that scale by producing and using highly performant algorithms and data structures, but also will develop new skill sets that are shaping the company’s future.
Responsibilities for this position will include:
- Build and maintain high-performance, fault-tolerant, scalable distributed software systems in the context of the cloud platform.
- Write code that is performant, maintainable, clear, and concise.
- Partner well with others to deliver integrated solutions with other teams. Able to self-manage simple engineering collaborations across teams and manage your delivery commitments.
- Develop elegant solutions to complex problems using custom code and off-the-shelf solutions.
- To ensure best practices and standards are followed, you will take project ownership and guide other developers through design, review, and implementation lifecycle.
Minimum Job Qualifications:
- Proven track record developing fast, reliable, scalable distributed web services.
- Real-world experience using asynchronous and concurrent programming models.
- Experience using Golang and/or Python to develop highly-scalable backend services.
- Strong understanding of client-server development in a mobile environment.
- Experience with software engineering best practices (e.g. unit testing, code reviews, design documentation, and continuous integration).
- Working knowledge of RESTful API design.
- Working knowledge of large-scale data-tier building blocks (MongoDB, Redis, RabbitMQ, Kafka, or analogous technologies).
- BS in Computer Science or related degree, or equivalent work history.
Preferred Job Qualifications:
- Experience with fault-tolerant distributed systems.
- Experience with big data design and technologies (Spark, Kafka, Nifi, Redshift, Airflow, or similar)
- Experience with Docker and container orchestration (Kubernetes, ECS, or similar)
- Desire to contribute back to open source projects.