Vice President, Information Technology
Hansell Tierney has been retained by our client in South King County in an exclusive, direct hire search for a Vice President of Information Technology. The company offers competitive salaries and an amazing benefits package.
Location: Kent, WA
The Vice President of IT is responsible for strategic planning, development and execution of all IT initiatives in support of defined business objectives. Candidates for this role must have a passion for creating seamless and secure software and hardware solutions that enable teams to function smoothly and securely. We are seeking a leader to play a critical role in scoping, creating and managing technological solutions that our teams rely on to serve our customers seamlessly.
Position responsibilities and essential functions:
- Communicates effectively with internal clients to identify needs and evaluate alternative business strategies and solutions
- Manages and facilitates the implementation of new technology solutions (Business Applications and ERP selection) in coordination with internal clients, external partners and senior leadership
- Team leadership and development
- Provides clear and timely communication of changes and updates to key stakeholders as appropriate
- Ensures reliability, viability and maintenance of all information technology assets, enterprise-wide
- Partners with senior leadership to implement additions, deletions and major modifications to the supporting technology infrastructure
- Responsible for managing vendor relationships, negotiations and capacity planning related to IT assets and projects
- Reinforces team approach throughout practice and service offering
- Leads by example and provides timely, meaningful performance feedback, ongoing coaching and resolves escalated issues
Essential skills and experience:
- Ability to plan and prioritize personal and department daily schedules to ensure on time project delivery
- Communicates, collaborates and presents in a professional and effective manner
- Ability to collaborate to convey tech concepts to a diverse set of employees.
- Proven knowledge of application support, development and integration, including Web Services and the SDLC
- Bachelor’s degree in related field required, MBA with specialization in IT Management preferred.
- At least 10 years of strategic IT leadership and management experience in organizations with a remote workforce and multiple worksite locations
- 15 years of progressively more responsible experience
- Experience working with distribution systems desired
- Experience developing and administering budgets