Hansell Tierney is assisting their CLIENT with a search for a Business Analyst with strong knowledge of SDLC practices and experience delivering Business Software Applications.
Location: Seattle, WA
Duration: 12 month contract
The Business Analyst is responsible for identifying opportunities for improving services and business products to customers and internal processes through the use of technology, exhibiting a broad knowledge base of applications and business units supporting in a highly collaborative environment. The BA-IT accomplishes this through leveraging the functionality of applications, management of vendor relationships and maintenance of a professional working relationship with the end user of the applications. The BA-IT acts as a liaison between business units and IT departments to translate business needs and objectives into technology solutions.
- Perform all responsibilities in accordance with company competencies, compliance, regulatory and Information Protection requirements.
- Elicit, document and communicate business and user requirements and functional specifications for company projects and programs.
- Assist team with design of technical solutions to meet project business requirements. May assist Technical Analysts with application specific production support (4th tier) as needed.
- Translate functional specifications to software vendor requirements, coordinate vendor delivery and manage applicable vendor relationships.
- Assist with test planning of technical solutions and support testing by facilitating resolution of identified bugs.
- Manage the installation of application patches, releases and enhancements on development, test, disaster recovery and production systems, following IT Change Control guidelines, and develops disaster recovery plans for business applications.
- Supports business units in documenting and prioritizing business objectives.
- Assist Business Readiness (Enterprise Analysis) for complex efforts.
- Assist team with activities to identify people, process and system impacts of business objectives for all sizes of projects/teams.
- Provide a range of operations support activities, such as application administration support, coordinating the development and maintenance of manuals/procedures for the application support team, and maintaining application upgrade and life-cycle activity roadmaps.
- Effectively manage communication between end users, vendors and IT departments to resolve production and development environment problems.
- Be familiar with security weaknesses within the applications and environments for area of responsibility and mitigate security concerns.
- Perform additional duties, as assigned.
Please reach out if this is You!!!
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical/related discipline required, or equivalent work or education related experience. Advanced degree preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience working with business software applications required.
- Knowledge of SQL and/or various relational database concepts and languages required.
- Knowledge of SDLC practices required.
- Proficient verbal and written skills to effectively communicate in the English language.
- Strong understanding of various project and process methodologies, including waterfall and agile.
- Skilled in multiple methods for analyzing and validating data at the source (eg. SQL queries).
- Ability to remain informed about the events, trends and developments which affect your role, business area(s) and the Information Technology industry.
- Proven ability to manage solutions delivered in multiple programming languages and technical environments.
- Excellent troubleshooting skills to identify problems from a functional perspective, specifically when supporting end-user testing and training.
- Experience with multiple problem solving methods and ability to use them as situationally appropriate.
- Experienced with multiple methods for creating and communicating strong Business Cases, including financial analysis, strategic alignment and risk analysis.
- Ability to plan, organize, schedule and implement projects and in accordance with CLIENY and industry project management methodologies.
- Full-time hours required, with additional hours as necessary.
- Occasional travel required.
- Be available on an on-call basis to respond to pending issues or problems arising during non-business hours and provide support and response.