Software Test Engineer - Embedded
Since 2001 Hansell Tierney has been one of the premier staffing and recruiting companies in Seattle Washington. As a Certified Women’s Business Enterprise (WBE), Hansell Tierney was created to serve and staff Northwest companies by doing things the right way, not just the easiest. We strive to do better by partnering with candidates, treating your experience as one of our own, providing our candidates with interesting local opportunities, and handling every relationship with the highest level of customer service possible. Our business is built on the deep understanding of the job market and the ability to over-deliver on our promises.
We are currently helping our client, an award-winning leader in the automotive infotainment industry, with a Contractor search for a Software Test Engineer with Embedded experience.
Duration - 6+ months
Location - Seattle, WA - LOCAL CANDIDATES ONLY
US citizens and those authorized to work in the US are encouraged to apply
Work sponsorship is not available at this time
Software Test Engineer
Successful candidate will be responsible to wire together multiple hardware components, configure software in a linux environment, and design, setup, and execute tests on our CLIENT's embedded software platform.
Other responsibilities include defect management, test planning, leadership and reporting.
• Wire together multiple pieces of hardware (automotive boards and systems).
• Design, setup, and execute test cases on embedded software platform.
• Deploy software on different automotive components using linux commands and tools.
• Identify and analyze software requirements derived from business requirements.
• Draft test plans based on identified software requirements.
• Run automated tests against embedded software (python, behave).
• Identify, isolate and document defects of the client software.
• Assist development group through iterative/feedback-based testing process for new feature development.
• Provide subject matter expertise to program management and other non-technical groups.
• 3+ years work experience in development and/or testing of embedded software.
• Experience in working with C/C++ or C# and Python.
• Experience in web service protocols such as REST, HTTP, XML, JSON.
• Some experience with relational databases such as MySQL.
• Some experience in at least one scripting/interpreted language (Python/Jython, Perl, Ruby, Shell scripts, etc.).
• Solid experience with at least one variant of Unix/Linux based operating systems (Ubuntu, SUSE Linux, etc.).
• Experience with both white box and black box testing methodologies.
• Demonstrated problem analysis capabilities and strong attention to detail.
• Strong written communication skills in test plan/procedure documentation, and defect reproduction steps.
• Experience with defect tracking systems and configuration management systems.
• Experience with testing or developing embedded software, and within the automotive industry a big plus.
• Experience with testing frameworks such as Junit, Robot or Selenium etc.
• Experience with software unit testing.
• Knowledge of general networking protocols (TCP sockets, RADIUS, DNS, etc.) and the OSI model.
• Familiarity of iterative Software Development Lifecycles (Scrum/Agile).
• Previous telecom or vehicle telematics backgrounds a plus.
• Smartphone application testing experiences a plus.
• Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering, or Computer Science/Computer Engineering or other natural sciences/engineering disciplines.
• Network certifications and programming certifications a plus.