Since 2001 Hansell Tierney has been one of the premier staffing and recruiting companies in Seattle Washington. As a Certified Women’s Business Enterprise (WBE), Hansell Tierney was created to serve and staff Northwest companies by doing things the right way, not just the easiest. We strive to do better by partnering with candidates, treating your experience as one of our own, providing our candidates with interesting local opportunities, and handling every relationship with the highest level of customer service possible. Our business is built on the deep understanding of the job market and the ability to over-deliver on our promises.
Location: Seattle, WA
Hansell Tierney is assisting our client with their search for an Executive Assistant. The Executive Assistant will help the Principals with their day-to-day business needs. Generally, they will be responsible for incoming and outgoing messages, calendaring, and attending meetings to take notes and summarize as necessary to the Principals. The Executive Assistant role will have an emphasis on preparing information or documents, including proofreading these documents to ensure the information is accurate and the spelling is correct. Exceptional communication skills, written and verbal, are necessary to the success of the role.
Required Experience and Qualifications:
- Provide administrative support to the Principals including: tracking and ensuring completion of key tasks and projects, managing logistics such as scheduling meetings and events, creating agendas and taking meeting notes, running office errands and providing other administrative support duties as needed.
- Proactively manage Principals calendar, as appropriate, making decisions on their behalf based on shifting priorities to ensure accurate scheduling and appropriate allocation of time, including scheduling with internal and external customers and partners.
- Keeping the Principals informed of discussed changes to operation processes and policies.
- Build and maintain good strong relationships internal and external to the organization.
- Exercise sound judgment, diplomacy, integrity, confidentiality and professionalism in communicating information across the organization.
- Handle highly confidential and non-routine information.
- Organizes and prioritizes large volumes of information and calls.
- Write, edit and prepare correspondence and memos; create charts, tables, graphs and presentation materials.
- Edit copy for spelling, grammar and layout.
- Organize and schedule large and complex activities such as cross-functional meetings, business travel, conferences, and department activities.
- Act as host and facilitator at meetings as necessary; develop meeting agendas, take and distribute minutes; track action items.
- Coordinate activities, calendars and travel with Principals’ personal assistant.
- Anticipate and remove administrative roadblocks, make timely decisions and simply get things done.
- Build effective working relationships and accommodate work styles and perspectives of diverse individuals.
- Bachelors Degree or equivalent work experience
- Proven ability to work effectively under pressure within short time constraints, prioritize tasks and take appropriate action, and work without significant oversight or instruction to achieve results with high accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability to take feedback and adapt to constantly changing environments, in addition to proactively identify areas to help support the business.
- Minimum 5+ years demonstrated work experience supporting senior management and senior level staff.
- Strong strategic prioritization, planning, organizational and time management skills.
- Proven track record of accountability, reliability and a can-do attitude.
- Commitment to diplomacy and sound judgment.
- Good composure under pressure, and the ability to react with appropriate urgency to situations and events that require quick response or turnaround.
- Expertise with latest versions of Microsoft products including Windows, Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, OneNote and SharePoint
- Strong business acumen and understanding of a non-profit preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Unwavering integrity, ethics, and sound judgment; comfortable with an open and transparent work environment.