Since 2001 Hansell Tierney has been one of the premier staffing and recruiting companies in Seattle, Washington. As a Certified Women’s Business Enterprise (WBE), Hansell Tierney was created to serve and staff Northwest companies by doing things the right way, not just the easiest. We strive to do better by partnering with candidates, treating your experience as one of our own, providing our candidates with interesting local opportunities, and handling every relationship with the highest level of customer service possible. Our business is built on the deep understanding of the job market and the ability to over-deliver on our promises.
Location: Olympia, WA
Our client is a licensed insurance agency in Olympia that focuses on providing quality health insurance and ancillary products to small businesses in Washington state.
We're currently assisting in a search for an Operations Manager to oversee business operations. The role will involve overseeing personnel process, providing team guidance & direction, and implementing departmental policy improvements, goals, and procedures.
Job duties and tasks include:
- Oversee business operations to ensure customer expectations and company goals are met;
- Ensure compliance with company standards and procedures as well as compliance related to company product and service offerings;
- Evaluate current operational performance and provide strategic input on improvements;
- Provide direction and guidance to internal teams to achieve performance targets;
- Identify problems in operations process and resolve them in a proper and timely manner;
- Maintain clear and accurate operations documents/procedures for reference purposes;
- Manage and train staff, prepare work schedules, assigns specific duties, oversees personnel processes;
- Implement departmental policies, goals, objectives, and procedures;
- Team Management - Ability to supervise and influence 5-10 direct reports.
- Coordination and Supervision - Coordinate, manage and monitor the workings of various departments in the organization.
- Best Practices - Improve processes and policies in support of organizational goals. Formulate and implement departmental and organizational policies and procedures to maximize output. Monitor adherence to rules, regulations and procedures.
- Human Resources - Plan the use of human resources. Organize recruitment and placement of required staff. Establish organizational structures. Delegate tasks and accountabilities. Establish work schedules. Supervise staff. Monitor and evaluate performance.
- Product & Service Delivery - Coordinate and monitor the work of the company involved in delivery, pricing and distribution of products and services, both new and existing. Monitor performance and implement improvements. Ensure quality of products and service. Manage quality and quantity of employee productivity. Provide technical support where necessary.
- Facilitate coordination and communication between support functions.
- Sales, Marketing and Customer Service - Manage customer support. Plan and support sales and marketing activities.
- Strategic Input - Liaison with top management. Assist in the development of strategic plans for operational activity. Implement and manage operational plans.
Education & Experience
- Critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Planning and organizing
- Communication skills
- Influencing and leading
- Team work
- Conflict management
- Ability to handle deadlines and workloads
- College degree in business administration, commerce, management or related field
- Industry relevant experience required
- Knowledge and experience in organizational effectiveness and operations management
- Knowledge of business and management principles and practices
- General knowledge of human resource principles and practices
- Knowledge of project management principles and practices
- Information technology skills
- Strong computer software skills in Microsoft Suite including proficiency with Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel.
- Experience at an agency, employee benefits company or insurer helpful