Since 2001 Hansell Tierney has been one of the premier staffing and recruiting companies in Seattle Washington. As a Certified Women’s Business Enterprise (WBE), Hansell Tierney was created to serve and staff Northwest companies by doing things the right way, not just the easiest. We strive to do better by partnering with candidates, treating your experience as one of our own, providing our candidates with interesting local opportunities, and handling every relationship with the highest level of customer service possible. Our business is built on the deep understanding of the job market and the ability to over-deliver on our promises.
Duration - FTE
Location - Seattle, WA
HansellTierney is looking for a Technical Project Manager to help track multiple projects for our client's Product Development Team. This consists of tracking daily, sprint, and forecasted activities. Additional responsibilities involve scheduling agile team meetings, facilitating the Scrum of Scrums, working closely with the Product team, and preparing for the start and stop of sprints. He or she will report to the Director of Program Management. The successful candidate will be passionate about media and technology and have great communication skills. The Project Manager will help steer agile driven development teams in a culture that is constantly experimenting and learning.
Candidate needs proven experience as a technical project management, leading agile teams, and working in a fast-pace, high energy, and collaborative environment. Exposure and experience with Jira and spreadsheet tools required. Candidate must be very organized and methodical. Candidate should be a thoughtful leader that can identify opportunities to change and drive making improvements.
- 5+ experience as a Technical Project Manager
- Experience as a Scrum Master and leading scrum ceremonies required
- Experience in generating project/program reports for executive management
- Experience managing projects across cross functional teams, building sustainable processes and coordinating release schedules
- High degree of competency with project management including, Agile methodology, identifying and managing risks, tracking dependencies and milestones, and communicating overall project status.
- High energy and a positive outlook with the passion to make things better at every opportunity.
- Excellent collaboration at all levels, with crisp and compelling verbal and written communication skills including presentation skills and listening skills with the ability to present complex technical information clearly and concisely to varying audiences.
- Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- A deep understanding of software development in a team, and a track record of shipping software on time
- An ability to break down Epics into User Stories and help guide the team into breaking user stories into tasks
- JIRA & Confluence experience required.
- Experience managing offshore resources & deliverables
- Experience with GA and BI is a plus
- AWS and or equivalent cloud based project management experience
- Understand Continuous Deployment/Integration concepts for application development
- Can create, read and understand detailed process and software architectural documentation
- Have worked in an operations organization and understand platform support and development
- Have been involved with JAVA based software development and open source platforms
- Understanding Infrastructure as Code, Microservices (ECS, kubernetes), and Serverless is a plus