Since 2001 Hansell Tierney has been one of the premier staffing and recruiting companies in Seattle Washington. As a Certified Women’s Business Enterprise (WBE), Hansell Tierney was created to serve and staff Northwest companies by doing things the right way, not just the easiest. We strive to do better by partnering with candidates, treating your experience as one of our own, providing our candidates with interesting local opportunities, and handling every relationship with the highest level of customer service possible. Our business is built on the deep understanding of the job market and the ability to over-deliver on our promises.
Duration – Contract 12 month
Location - Tukwila, WA
We are helping our client with a search for a Network Engineer that will support the full network life cycle in client's multi-platform systems environment by maintaining an efficient and secure enterprise infrastructure that offers uninterrupted service for our customers. The Network Engineer is responsible for engineering and implementing risk appropriate network solutions in response to business requirements, communicating expectations, and working with vendors to meet project budgets and deadlines. This position supports client's network infrastructure needs and meets all relevant compliance requirements.
- Perform all responsibilities in accordance with client's Competencies and Information Protection requirements.
- Plan and recommend network hardware, systems management software, and design.
- Configure and maintain routers, switches, and network systems (including wireless and VoIP).
- Partner with the architecture team on network designs and engineering.
- Integrate and schematically depict communication architectures, topologies, hardware, software, transmission and signaling links and protocols into complete network configurations.
- Perform network systems tuning and recommend improvements.
- Evaluate new network products and monitor protocol capability.
- Partner with the security team to research and recommend secure network solutions to business problems and to prevent, detect, and investigate suspicious activity in a timely manner.
- Develop and maintain documentation of network standards, procedures, architectures and configurations for day-to-day reference as well as business continuity purposes.
- Troubleshoot and resolve network hardware and software related issues.
- Install, configure and maintain network and data communications equipment and software.
- Monitor and evaluate network and data communications statistics to ensure timely upgrades and additions of hardware and software to meet growth requirements.
- Provide escalated network support for Tier 3 Operations, problem resolution, and mentoring across the IT Division.
- Train back up personnel as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or equivalent work experience required. Advanced degree preferred.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in the installation, configuration and maintenance of network infrastructure and systems required.
- Minimum 2 years of experience with SNMP, remote network and monitoring required.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in the installation and configuration of servers and operating systems (Windows and/or Unix) required.
- Advanced-level knowledge of networking concepts and firewalls, common network and application protocols including the OSI Model, Switching, Routing, TCP/IP, ACLs, NAT, OSPF, BGP, QoS, VOIP, TLS/SSL, HTTP, 802.11, H.323, SIP, SNMP, Windows and Unix networking, load-balancing, SFTP and DNS required.
- Ability to use large-scale network security infrastructures including encryption, firewalls, NAC, VPNs, DDOS Mitigation and IDS/IPS required.
- At least one certification in the following required: CCNA, JNCA or equivalent.
- Ability to evaluate risk and communicate it in a fact-based manner is required.
- Ability to capture and analyze network traffic is required.
- Ability to lift 50 pounds required, with bending and mobility to move large objects.
- Proficient verbal and written skills required to effectively communicate in the English language.
- Comprehensive knowledge of enterprise and data center deployments is preferred.
- Full time hours required, with additional hours as necessary and occasional travel.
- Be available on an on-call basis to respond to pending issues or problems arising during non-business hours and provide support and response.