Hansell Tierney is helping our client, a world-class Children's Hospital, with a contract to hire search for a Project Coordinator for IS/Infrastructure projects.
Location - North Seattle
Duration - 6 months (long term potential)
Provide a combination of project coordination skills, technical knowledge & expertise and ability to effectively apply all of these skills in project related assignments. Assignments will vary in degree of participation requiring the Project Coordinator to collaborate and assist Project Managers
The Project Coordinator will be accountable for collection of project requirements and creation of equipment lists, floor plan drawings validation, requisitioning materials and services, tracking deliveries and installations, in support of project managers in the IS PMO. The Project Coordinator will assist project manager and program manager is setting up and facilitating meetings, updating and maintaining pricing, forecasting and project status reporting documents, maintaining Sharepoint sites and general project management support.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Industrial Engineering, Computer Science or a related field OR equivalent combination of education and experience that demonstrate technical competence
- Minimum of five (5) years project coordinator experience in an IT environment
- Experience implementing/supporting system implementations and managing project budgets.
- Excellent communication and project management experience in support of multiple projects.
- Experience, or training, gathering, documenting and communicating project requirements
- Purchasing and requisition experience.
- Proficient with MS Office including Excel
- Experience in facilities construction or renovation projects
- Project Management courses and training
|Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Excellent analytical and planning skills
- Responsiveness, ability to prioritize work and follow through
- Excellent communication skills: describe and document complex information clearly, and present appropriately to different audiences
- Able to research and assess a customer’s business needs, promoting the strategic focus of the organization
- Able to establish and maintain professional working relationships and a professional image with customers, peers, physicians, payers, vendors and other parties associated with the organization
- Able to work on projects and other assignments with minimal direct supervision
- Able to explain, present or discuss difficult information and gain group consensus
- Proficient in Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Visio and Microsoft Project
- Strong problem-solving skills, and ability to take a new perspective on problems and solutions
- Strong customer service skills, and the ability to interpret customer needs, assess requirements, and identify practical approaches to addressing requests
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, and ability to explain issues and activities to a technical and nontechnical audience
- Able to establish and maintain effective work relationships at all levels of the organization
- Able to work independently and as a member of a team
- Ability to lead, guide, coordinate and facilitate planning and implementation processes