Senior Infrastructure Business Analyst
Hansell Tierney is assisting our client with their search for a Senior Business Analyst contractor.
Location: North Seattle (Local candidates only)
Duration: 6+ month contract
Business Analyst with excellent communication and project management skills in support of multiple Facilities construction projects.
- Must have experience supporting Infrastructure projects
- Support project methods and industry best practices
- Provide monthly status updates to the Lead Project Manager
- Schedule meetings for the purposes of identifying IS requirements for Facilities expansion and construction projects.
- Track and manage project requirements documentation and artifacts.Support project managers and project coordinators by providing requirements input affecting:
- Change Orders – internal and external
- Issues/Actions Items
- Drawings – internal and external
- Requirement Documents – internal and external
- Attend meetings as designated by the Project Managers
- Coordinate meetings/communications to gather requirements with end users, Facilities construction PMs, IS PMs, Integrating PMs and project coordinators.
- Review of requirements for accuracy and documentation of changes in requirements.
- Assist project team to navigate project documentation, artifacts and communications
- Assist with planning schedules of Go Live activities
- Oversee and document validation of project deliverables against requirements.
- Capture and document issues related to requirements identification and fulfillment.
- Project close out
- Assist with tracking requirements fulfillment during the post go live stability period
- Assist with tracking open items post Go Live that need remediation
- Assist with lessons learned meetings and documentation
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Industrial Engineering, Computer Science or a related field
- Minimum of five (5) years experience in gathering and documenting requirements
- Proven experience and knowledge of project management skills, tools or methodologies
- Proven experience leading requirements gathering, documentation and validation activities
- Experience documenting complex workflows that include multiple roles and systems.
- Working knowledge of a Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and planning and issue tracking tools.
- Has actively participated in several stages of a project including requirements gathering, test planning, test execution, project activation support and post go-live regression.This includes developing appropriate documentation.
- Knowledge of standard principles, theories and concepts related to technical discipline
- Requires in-depth knowledge and experience
- Uses best practices and knowledge of internal or external business issues to improve products or services
- Solves complex problems; takes a new perspective using existing solutions
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, and able to tailor content and level of detail for the audience
- Able to create a task list for one or more portions of a project, and communicate and manage the tasks
- Works independently; receives minimal guidance
- Works collaboratively with fellow team members, including end users, Facilities PMs, IS PMs, project coordinators, etc.