Embedded Software Engineer
Hansell Tierney is assisting our CLIENT with their search for an Embedded Software Engineer. You will be a key member of the software engineering team contributing to the system design, implementation and verification of embedded real-time features and algorithms for our CLIENT’s flag ship software products.
Location: Seattle, WA (local candidates only)
Duration: 6+ Month Contract (sorry, no corp to corp)
- Responsible for designing and implementing embedded software for mission critical communication systems over multiple hardware and processor platforms (PowerPC, ARM, and/or DSP)
- Working closely with internal and external software & hardware teams to develop an implementation that meets product requirements.
- Verifying product performance using commercial test equipment and field testing.
- Supporting customer integration and acceptance through lab and field interoperability testing.
- Minimum 5 years hands on experience with real-time embedded software development on an RTOS (preferably QNX or embedded Linux)
- Good understanding of POSIX development environment
- Good understanding of embedded hardware/software systems
- Expert level C/C++ programming skills. Java and python experience good to have
- Experience in developing automotive ECU firmware an added plus
- Exposure to various automotive buses CAN, FlexRay, LIN, MOST etc., an added plus
- Experience working in a fast-paced start up environment
- Extensive hands-on experience on real-time embedded software development and trouble-shooting
- Experience with SW development on PC based environment (Windows and Linux). Linux-based experience preferred, specifically kernel level understanding.
- Experience with modern development tools: git, Jira, various IDEs, etc.
- Requires collaborative mind set and experience working in an Agile team
- BSc or MSc level education in EE/CS