Since 2001 Hansell Tierney has been one of the premier staffing and recruiting companies in Seattle Washington. As a Certified Women’s Business Enterprise (WBE), Hansell Tierney was created to serve and staff Northwest companies by doing things the right way, not just the easiest. We strive to do better by partnering with candidates, treating your experience as one of our own, providing our candidates with interesting local opportunities, and handling every relationship with the highest level of customer service possible. Our business is built on the deep understanding of the job market and the ability to over-deliver on our promises.
We are currently helping our client with a direct hire search for a Lead Client-Side Development Engineer.
Location - Seattle, WA
Duration - FTE
As Lead Client-Side Development Engineer, you will face some of the most challenging and enjoyable problems to solve in modern software engineering. You will be part of a high performing team building high availability systems that scale by producing and using highly performant algorithms and data structures, as well as developing new skill sets that shaping the company’s future.
Responsibilities for this position will include:
- Provide Technical Leadership for Client-Side Development, including establishing best practices and standards and ensuring adherence providing technology recommendations and solution design.
- Delivery leadership including technical grooming and prioritization of backlog, initial story/tasks sizing, technical clarification of stories, team execution, establishing definition of done and ensuring adherence, etc.
- Write code that is performant, maintainable, clear, and concise.
- Partner well with others to deliver integrated solutions with other teams. Able to self-manage simple engineering collaborations across teams and manage your delivery commitments.
- Develop elegant solutions to complex problems using custom code and off-the-shelf solutions.
- Take project ownership and guide other developers through design, review, and implementation through mentorship and coaching.
Minimum Job Qualifications:
- 7+ years proven track record developing fast, reliable, scalable distributed web services.
- Proven track record supporting web products, consumer applications, SDKs and integrated products.
- Real-world experience using asynchronous and concurrent programming models.
- Experience in development and architecture of dynamic client facing systems using HTML, CSS, Angular 2.0+, Android, iOS, Tizen, Cordova among others.
- Strong understanding of client-server development in a mobile environment.
- Experience with software engineering best practices (e.g. unit testing, code reviews, design documentation, and continuous integration and delivery).
- Working knowledge of RESTful API design.
- BS in Computer Science or related degree, or equivalent work history.
Preferred Job Qualifications:
- Experience with fault-tolerant distributed systems.
- Desire to contribute back to open source projects.
- Team leadership and management experience