Since 2001 Hansell Tierney has been one of the premier staffing and recruiting companies in Seattle Washington. As a Certified Women’s Business Enterprise (WBE), Hansell Tierney was created to serve and staff Northwest companies by doing things the right way, not just the easiest. We strive to do better by partnering with candidates, treating your experience as one of our own, providing our candidates with interesting local opportunities, and handling every relationship with the highest level of customer service possible. Our business is built on the deep understanding of the job market and the ability to over-deliver on our promises.
Duration – Contract 12 month
Location - Tukwila, WA
We are helping our client with a search for a contract Service Desk Administrator. The Service Desk Administrator will provide medium complexity level IT Service Desk support serving the organization's employee end-users. This support will include incident support, service request fulfillment, and end-user access provisioning for systems, applications, telecommunications, hardware, software and peripherals. This role will serve as a point of escalation within the Service Desk team and manages one or more call and ticket queues.
- Perform all responsibilities in accordance with company competencies, compliance, regulatory and Information Protection requirements.
- Process mid-level complexity inbound calls, automated tickets and emails by triaging, resolving and/or escalating reported issues following standard processes and procedures within established service level targets.
- Ensure escalation processes are followed while conferring with IT Service Desk Leads by escalating to Tier 2 or Tier 3 team, or the on-call incident manager.
- Research issues to determine the best method of resolving application, desktop, remote, virtual and telephony related issues.
- Ensure tickets are properly and timely created, updated and closed with accurate data.
- Leverage the IT Service Desk's knowledge-base and other information repositories for issue resolution solutions.
- Responsible for one or more service request workflows to ensure it is streamlined, working as intended, and meeting service level targets.
- Process and fulfill service requests for end-user provisioning needs, such as software install requests, following standard processes and procedures within established Service Level Targets.
- Keep customers informed of the status of their open requests.
- Provide solid subject matter knowledge for one or more system access requirements, workflow and service level targets.
- Process approved end-user access requests following standard processes and procedures within established service level targets.
- Lead periodic end-user access reviews to meet the organization's least-access policy.
- Process access and end-user provisioning needs for new employee hires, departing employees, and employee transitions.
- Contribute to the IT Service Desk knowledge-base documentation with new articles, article updates, and article retirements.
- Contribute to IT Service Desk metrics tracking and reporting.
- Remain informed about the events, trends and developments which affect your role, and business area(s).
- Perform additional duties as assigned.
- Associate’s degree in IT or related discipline required, or equivalent work or educational experience. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Minimum four years of related experience required.
- Technical training and/or certifications in A+, N+, MCDST preferred.
- Proficient hardware and software skills with desktop, laptops and mobile devices and their peripherals.
- Knowledge of Audio/Visual device support.
- Proficient in Microsoft desktop operating systems (Apple IOS knowledge preferred).
- Client-side networking, telephony and core application skills required.
- Technical analytical and problem solving skills.
- Strong relationship management, problem resolution and customer service skills.
- Proficient verbal and written skills to effectively communicate in the English language.
- Full time hours required, with additional hours as necessary.
- Be available on an on-call basis to respond to pending issues or problems arising during non-business hours and provide support and response.
- Occasional travel required.
- Valid Washington State Driver’s License and satisfactory Motor Vehicle Report.
- Ability to lift 25 pounds, with bending and mobility to move large objects required.
- Demonstrate the capabilities to determine escalation of incidents and problems by researching.
- Process all assigned inbound calls and automated tickets by logging, escalating, and/or resolve
- Keep customers informed of the status of requests.
- Resolves customer issues and conducts research prior to escalation to IT Service Desk Lead