VoIP Engineer Consultant
Since 2001 Hansell Tierney has been one of the premier staffing and recruiting companies in Seattle Washington. As a Certified Women’s Business Enterprise (WBE), Hansell Tierney was created to serve and staff Northwest companies by doing things the right way, not just the easiest. We strive to do better by partnering with candidates, treating your experience as one of our own, providing our candidates with interesting local opportunities, and handling every relationship with the highest level of customer service possible. Our business is built on the deep understanding of the job market and the ability to over-deliver on our promises.
We are currently helping our client with a search for a VoIP Engineer Consultant.
Location - Seattle, WA
Duration - 6 Month Contract
Our client is seeking a VoIP Engineer Consultant to be responsible for providing consultant-level engineering, architecture, design, operations, management, and evaluation of complex voice over IP systems for the company at all of its sites. The VoIP Engineer will consult with leadership to develop and maintain business critical communications and/or network-based voice product systems, including planning, designing and implementing scalable local and wide-area network solutions between multiple platforms and protocols (including IP and VoIP).
The VoIP Engineer will be responsible for system performance; overseeing and troubleshooting voice issues and coordinating installation efforts with appropriate vendors. The incumbent will guide and mentor other voice engineers as well as work with other systems consultants and systems analysts in a cross team capacity. The incumbent will serve as a "go to" resource for IS, user and vendor personnel, and will provide learned counsel and advice to IS leadership on matters of voice system design and architecture. Leveraging expertise and experience, the incumbent will develop solutions that best align with the company's voice network requirements, identifying cost-effective implementation and long-term support strategies.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- A minimum of ten (10) years' experience in the design, consultation, installation/ management and repair of complex VoIP based network and telecommunication equipment, related applications and associated services.
- Per the driver's license requirement noted below, must have a driving record acceptable to Risk Management.
- Cisco Certification in one or more of the following: CCVP, CCNA, CUCM, CME, or CUC.
- Current Washington State Driver's license.
- Practical working experience with Avaya Definity/Audix systems
- Additional Cisco Certifications in any of the following: CCIE (strongly preferred), CCSA, CCNP, CCDP, CCIP
- Contact Center scripting skills