Since 2001 Hansell Tierney
has been one of the premier staffing and recruiting companies in Seattle Washington. As a Certified Women’s Business Enterprise (WBE), Hansell Tierney
was created to serve and staff Northwest companies by doing things the right way, not just the easiest. We strive to do better by partnering with candidates, treating your experience as one of our own, providing our candidates with interesting local opportunities, and handling every relationship with the highest level of customer service possible. Our business is built on the deep understanding of the job market and the ability to over-deliver on our promises.
We are currently helping our client with a direct hire search for a Data Scientist.
Location - Seattle, WA
Duration - FTE
Our client is seeking a Data Scientist who is excited about online marketing and has in-depth experience engineering predictive analytics. The Data Scientist is a full-time role that will be a key contributing member of the company.
Our client is seeking a key team member to support growth in analytics, insights and data-driven offerings. This team member will be an experienced data scientist with machine learning and "big data" experience and a stellar track record of providing data-driven insights and solutions from the data. The winning candidate will be driven, self-directed, curious, possess a passion for exploring the whys and what-ifs and an ability to translate these into recommendations that optimize company performance. Technical aptitude and familiarity with common data mining and statistical applications are important for this position. The candidate should also be an effective communicator capable of independently driving issues to resolution and communicating insights to non-technical audiences.
What You'll Do:
Skills & Experience
- Manipulate and analyze complex, high-volume, high-dimensionality data from varying sources using a variety of tools and data analysis techniques.
- Develop and implement measurement plans to address specific business questions with high quality, defensible data analytics.
- Derive actionable insights, build predictive models and/or construct addressable segments from individual- and event-level behavior data using advanced statistics and machine learning.
- Integrate data from multiple platforms and applications to provide holistic insights and cross-platform actionabilty.
- Design, implement, and analyze experiments to provide causal analysis.
- Present findings and recommendations to key decision makers and influencers at various seniority levels within the organization.
- Integrate with other functional teams to create cross-functional solutions that leverage data and insights.
- Influence stakeholders through effective storytelling with data, using clear visualizations, and other influencing tools, underscored by robust and defensible data analysis.
- 5+ years of industry experience solving business problems using quantitative analytical methods.
- 2+ years experience with advanced predictive analytics
- Experience with ML/AI techniques
- Experience utilizing big data technologies, ie. NoSQL, Hadoop, Spark
- Master's degree in a quantitative STEM field such as mathematics, sciences, operations research, engineering with an emphasis on scientific methodologies preferred.
- Experienced and proficient querying, dimensioning and reducing both structured and unstructured data using SQL, Python, R, or related querying/scripting language or statistical software. Preference for experience with multiple tools.
- Experience with predictive modeling techniques and machine learning – K means clustering, logistic and linear regression, structural equation modeling,
- Strong experimental design skills, including an ability to construct and execute proper controls.
- Demonstrated experience processing, exploring, transforming, analyzing, and presenting insights from large quantities of data
- Ability to translate business challenges into analytical solutions –, acknowledge and address confounds or uncertainties, and choose best methods