Database Administrator - SQL SERVER
Hansell Tierney is helping our client with a Contractor/Contract to Hire search for a Database Administrator - SQL Server
Duration - 6 months - (client prefers Contract to Hire)
Location - Seattle, WA (Intl District)
Database Administrator - SQL Server
Under general direction, administers CLIENT's database and ensures the health, integrity, security, recoverability, and availability of all CLIENT data repositories 24/7; serves as technical and process lead and directs the work of less experienced database administrators and contractors; recommends and implements standards for administering CLIENT data repositories; develops processes and tools for use with CLIENT data repositories; and researches industry technology trends to identify strategic changes in CLIENTs data repository planning.
Bachelor’s Degree in computer science, information technology, business management information systems, or closely related field and six years of information technology experience that includes four years of database administration and development experience; OR an equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Performing database administration duties on CLIENTs Microsoft SQL Server environment.
• Experience in working with setup and maintenance of heterogeneous databases, including but not limited to SQL Server, MySQL, etc.
• Familiarity with working on Linux environment and heterogeneous cloud platforms such as Azure.
• Developing SQL, .NET and other types of scripts, stored procedures, triggers, ETL, DTS and SSIS packages, schedules, publications, and subscriptions.
• Updating, patching and upgrading CLIENT databases to maintain supportable, high availability systems, database stability, performance, accuracy and redundancy.
• Developing, implementing and directing database security.
• Performing and/or directing preventative maintenance on CLIENT databases to maintain data security and integrity.
• Creating and adhering to technical standards and processes.
• Data gathering and analysis abilities.
Utilizing personal computer software programs affecting assigned work and in compiling and preparing spreadsheets and reports.
• Establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with other department staff, management, vendors, outside agencies, community groups and the general public.
• Interpreting and administering policies and procedures sufficient to administer, discuss, resolve, and explain them to staff and other constituencies.
• Demonstrating a positive customer service orientation with both internal and external clients.
• Responding to general inquiries and in effective oral and written communication.
• Working cooperatively with other departments, CLIENT officials, and outside agencies.