Business Intelligence (BI) Analyst
Hansell Tierney is helping our client with a direct hire search for a Business Intelligence (BI) Analyst.
Location - Kent, WA
Duration - FTE
Our client is a privately-owned wholesale distributor. They’ve been in business for over 80 years and continue to exist as a company where employees are truly valued. As a Business Intelligence Analyst, you will be responsible for data curation, working closely with all impacted areas of the business.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide BI Analytics across all areas of the business.
- Individual will provide data curation into star schema and recommend alternative courses of action based on results of the analysis.
- Review current reports and present recommendations on alternative and/or incremental automated reports to improve visibility, efficiency, cost improvement, workflow management and communication.
- Work interdepartmentally and advocate for studio automated solutions.
- Partner with other leadership to address holistic automation solutions across departments
- Consolidate, reconcile, validate and obtain clarification of department operational information from multiple sources to develop reports and analysis.
- Conduct analyses as needed to support project objectives.
- Recommend customer process improvements, and support implementation of them.
- Create reports and metrics dashboards on a reoccurring or ad-hoc basis to improve measurement and visibility of Key Performance Indicators (KPI)
- Bachelor’s degree in data/computer science or related field
- Required 3-5 year’s experience in operations or related field analyzing and reporting on data sets
- Must possess strong business acumen
- Must have the ability to be analytical and be a creative problem-solver in a fast-paced environment
- Must possess advanced skills in Microsoft Excel and Tableau.
- Must possess intermediate to advanced knowledge of SQL and relational database, and a comfort level with building and reading queries
- Must possess experience with report generation and ETL from data systems.
- Must have experience in developing and using reporting tools
- Must possess a strong sense of curiosity and the natural ability to thrive in an ambiguous environment
- Must possess the ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing
- Must have the ability to work both independently and as part of a collaborative team
- Must have a strong attention to detail
- Must have the ability to use and maintain diverse and ad-hoc operational data and formulate conclusions and recommendations based on findings