Since 2001 Hansell Tierney has been one of the premier staffing and recruiting companies in Seattle Washington. As a Certified Women’s Business Enterprise (WBE), Hansell Tierney was created to serve and staff Northwest companies by doing things the right way, not just the easiest. We strive to do better by partnering with candidates, treating your experience as one of our own, providing our candidates with interesting local opportunities, and handling every relationship with the highest level of customer service possible. Our business is built on the deep understanding of the job market and the ability to over-deliver on our promises.
We are currently helping our client with a search for a Research Associate.
Duration - 7 month contract (possible extension)
Location - Seattle, WA - LOCAL CANDIDATES ONLY
US citizens and those authorized to work in the US are encouraged to apply
Work sponsorship is not available at this time
We are assisting a client, a biopharmaceutical company in Seattle, with a search for a Research Associate. In this individual contributor, lab-based role, the Research Associate will work in a collaborative environment to perform process analytics testing to support development programs (primarily flow cytometry).
• Execution of multiparameter Flow cytometry (phenotypic, functional assays, etc.)
• Data analysis and reporting with an emphasis on fast and high quality data turnaround
• Timely and thorough documentation and completion of electronic laboratory notebooks
• Author reports detailing experimental work and summarizing results
• Order, track, maintain inventory of lab supplies and reagents
• Maintain a clean and organized laboratory space
• BS in a scientific discipline with 1-3 years (1+ years with MS) of relevant academic or industry lab experience.
• Solid knowledge of immunology and cell biology techniques and data analysis
• Demonstrated ability to effectively work both independently and in cross functional teams, meet deadlines, and prioritize multiple projects
• Demonstrated experience with flow cytometry including compensation, instrument troubleshooting, basic cytometer maintenance, and data analysis using DIVA and/or FlowJo
• Experience working in a self-driven, performance/results oriented, fast paced/high throughput environment
• Excellent problem solving skills
• Proficiency utilizing MS Office products.
• Able to creatively manage time and elevate relevant issues to AC manager
• Strong scientific and technical writing and presentations
• Detail oriented with excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Flexibility to work rotating offset shifts (early morning, evening and/or weekend shifts) when needed