Embedded Engineer - Automotive
Since 2001 Hansell Tierney has been one of the premier staffing and recruiting companies in Seattle Washington. As a Certified Women’s Business Enterprise (WBE), Hansell Tierney was created to serve and staff Northwest companies by doing things the right way, not just the easiest. We strive to do better by partnering with candidates, treating your experience as one of our own, providing our candidates with interesting local opportunities, and handling every relationship with the highest level of customer service possible. Our business is built on the deep understanding of the job market and the ability to over-deliver on our promises.
We are currently helping our client with a search for an Embedded Engineer - Automotive.
Duration: 6 month contract to hire
Location: Seattle, WA
The Embedded Software Engineer is a key member of the software engineering team contributing to the system design, implementation and verification of embedded real-time features and algorithms for CLIENT’s flag ship software products.
- Responsible for designing and implementing embedded software for mission critical communication systems over multiple hardware and processor platforms (PowerPC, ARM, and/or DSP)
- Working closely with internal and external software & hardware teams to develop an implementation that meets product requirements.
- Verifying product performance using commercial test equipment and field testing.
- Supporting customer integration and acceptance through lab and field interoperability testing.
- Minimum 5 years hands on experience with real-time embedded software development on an RTOS (preferably QNX or embedded Linux)
- Good understanding of POSIX development environment
- Good understanding of embedded hardware/software systems
- Expert level C/C++ programming skills. Java and python experience good to have
- Experience in developing automotive ECU firmware an added plus
- Exposure to various automotive buses CAN, FlexRay, LIN, MOST etc., an added plus
- Experience working in a fast-paced start up environment
- Extensive hands-on experience on real-time embedded software development and trouble-shooting
- Experience with SW development on PC based environment (Windows and Linux). Linux-based experience preferred, specifically kernel level understanding.
- Experience with modern development tools: git, Jira, various IDEs, etc.
- Requires collaborative mind set and experience working in an Agile team
- MSc or MSc level education in EE/CS
- Ability to pass a background check