Since 2001 Hansell Tierney has been one of the premier staffing and recruiting companies in Seattle Washington. As a Certified Women’s Business Enterprise (WBE), Hansell Tierney was created to serve and staff Northwest companies by doing things the right way, not just the easiest. We strive to do better by partnering with candidates, treating your experience as one of our own, providing our candidates with interesting local opportunities, and handling every relationship with the highest level of customer service possible. Our business is built on the deep understanding of the job market and the ability to over-deliver on our promises.
We are currently helping our client with a search for a Sr. Systems Engineer on a 6 month contract
Duration - Min. 6 months
Location - Tukwila, WA
US citizens and those authorized to work in the US are encouraged to apply
Work sponsorship is not available at this time
The Senior Systems Engineer supports the systems life cycle in our client's multi-platform environment by implementing and maintaining an efficient and secure enterprise infrastructure that offers uninterrupted service for our customers. The Systems Engineer provides a holistic view of all enterprise systems infrastructure including server hardware, operating systems, storage hardware/software, messaging and collaboration hardware/software, and related peripherals. The Systems Engineer must manage at least one infrastructure technology and have expertise in relevant infrastructure systems. This position is expected to have subject matter knowledge with a firm grasp of solutions, functions, technology and protocols.
- Design, install, configure and maintain IT systems that grow and support the business. Develop recovery strategies for all systems.
- Own at least one core infrastructure technology: Active Directory, Exchange, DNS, SCCM, VMware, Scripting, Citrix, FTP, Linux, or Windows Servers, etc.
- Monitor and evaluate usage statistics to ensure timely upgrades and additions of hardware and software to meet growth requirements.
- Provide escalated systems support for Tier 3 Operations, problem resolution, and mentoring across the IT Division.
- Integrate and schematically depict systems architectures, topologies, hardware, software and signaling links into complete Systems configurations.
- Partner with the security team to prevent, detect and investigate suspicious activity in a timely manner.
- Participate on project teams throughout the organization in order to provide systems expertise and accomplish business objectives.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, communications or computer science, or equivalent work or educational experience required. Advanced degree preferred.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in installation, configuration and maintenance of at least 5 of the following systems required: Windows 2003/2008/2012, Unix/Linux, Messaging/collaboration hardware/software, storage hardware/software including SAN/NAS technologies, hypervisor/virtualization technologies, enterprise management/monitoring tools and voice/data networking.
- Knowledge and understanding of Systems Development Life Cycle and systems architecture required.
- Excellent conceptual, organizational, analytical and problem solving skills required.
- Professional certification in an applicable technology or project management preferred.
- Specialized knowledge required for at least one core infrastructure technology, including having a firm grasp of solutions, functions, technology and protocols: Active Directory, Exchange, DNS, SCCM, VMware, Scripting, Citrix, FTP, Linux, or Windows Servers.
- Foundational knowledge of IT Infrastructure Library (ITIL) concepts and frameworks required.
- Ability to plan, organize, schedule and implement multiple projects simultaneously in accordance with CLIENT and industry project management methodologies.
- Maintain system knowledge and be aware of developments in the technical and financial services industry.
- Full time hours required, with occasional travel and the ability to adapt to flexible work hours.
- Weekend, nights and holiday work may be required.
- Will be required to be on-call, carry department communication device and be reachable by phone to provide 24 x 7 coverage.