Since 2001 Hansell Tierney has been one of the premier staffing and recruiting companies in Seattle Washington. As a Certified Women’s Business Enterprise (WBE), Hansell Tierney was created to serve and staff Northwest companies by doing things the right way, not just the easiest. We strive to do better by partnering with candidates, treating your experience as one of our own, providing our candidates with interesting local opportunities, and handling every relationship with the highest level of customer service possible. Our business is built on the deep understanding of the job market and the ability to over-deliver on our promises.
Duration - Through 12/2018, extendable
Location - Seattle, WA
The Senior Business Analyst - IT is responsible for identifying opportunities for improving operational support by working with service departments and engineers. The Senior Business Analyst accomplishes this through leveraging the functionality of applications, management of vendor relationships and maintenance of a professional working relationship with the end user of the applications. This role acts as a liaison between Service Departments and IT departments to identify areas of compliance, controls, process management, ITIL and Service Management. The Sr Business Analyst – IT works on complex projects/teams and acts as a mentor and lead to Business Analysts. Role incumbents will be self-motivated, display leadership and forward thinking skills and be capable of operating at strategic and tactical levels.
- Elicit, document and communicate business and user requirements and functional specifications.
- Lead team with design of technical solutions to meet business requirements.
- Translate functional specifications to software vendor requirements and coordinate vendor delivery.
- Lead test planning of technical solutions and support testing by facilitating resolution of identified bugs.
- Manage the installation of application patches, releases and enhancements on development, test, disaster recovery and production systems, following IT Change Control guidelines.
- Act as project manager for some enhancements and small projects.
- Consult with and advocate to multiple business units outside of project efforts.
- Partner with the business units in documenting and prioritizing business objectives.
- Lead Business Readiness (Enterprise Analysis) efforts for complex projects/teams. Lead activities to identify people, process and system impacts of business objectives for all sizes of projects/teams.
- Assist Technical Analysts with application specific production support, as needed (4th tier support).
- Coordinate the development and maintenance of manuals, procedures and other documentation required for the effective operations of the application support team.
- Provide application administration support.
- Maintain application upgrade and life-cycle activity roadmaps.
- Manage applicable vendor relationships.
- Develop disaster recovery plans for business applications.
- Act as a mentor to and resource for less experienced Business Analysts.
- Perform additional duties, as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical/related discipline required, or equivalent work or education related experience. Advanced degree preferred.
- Minimum of 7 years of experience working with business software applications required.
- Strong understanding of various project methodologies, including waterfall and agile.
- Previous experience in implementation of ITIL, Service Management and Process Engineering.
- Have knowledge of SQL and/or various relational database concepts and languages.
- Excellent troubleshooting skills to identify problems from a functional perspective, specifically when supporting end-user testing and training.
- Experience with multiple problem solving methods and ability to use them as situationally appropriate.
- Ability to plan, organize, schedule, and implement projects and in accordance with CLIENT and industry project management methodologies.
- Advanced knowledge of SDLC practices.
- Proven ability to stay current with emerging technologies and new applications of existing technologies.
- Proven ability to manage solutions delivered in multiple programming languages and technical environments.
- Proficient verbal and written skills to effectively communicate in the English language.
- Experienced with multiple methods for creating and communicating strong Business Cases, including financial analysis, strategic alignment and risk analysis.
- Skilled in multiple methods for analyzing and validating data at the source (eg. SQL queries).
- Full-time hours required, with additional hours as necessary.
- Occasional travel required.
- Be available on an on-call basis to respond to pending issues or problems arising during non-business hours and provide support and response.