Since 2001 Hansell Tierney has been one of the premier staffing and recruiting companies in Seattle Washington. As a Certified Women’s Business Enterprise (WBE), Hansell Tierney was created to serve and staff Northwest companies by doing things the right way, not just the easiest. We strive to do better by partnering with candidates, treating your experience as one of our own, providing our candidates with interesting local opportunities, and handling every relationship with the highest level of customer service possible. Our business is built on the deep understanding of the job market and the ability to over-deliver on our promises.
We are currently helping our client, a local health insurance provider, with a search for an Account Executive.
Duration - FTE / permanent
Location - Seattle, WA - LOCAL CANDIDATES ONLY
US citizens and those authorized to work in the US are encouraged to apply
Work sponsorship is not available at this time
The Account Executive will primarily handle customer service and the administration of internal accounts, including retention of new and renewal clients, as well as working closely with internal producers to support business development activities. These duties include but are not limited to:
- Administering established book of accounts
- Assisting internal producers with renewals for existing customers
- Handling quoting process for prospective clients
- Obtaining information and documentation from new and existing clients
- Customer service
- Opportunity to establish own book of business
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work with producers to administer accounts on a day-to-day basis which includes coordinating services, answering questions, and resolving problems; maintains timeliness and completeness when interacting with clients, agency, carrier and service provider staff and company personnel
- Work collaboratively with sales teams to understand a client and/or prospect’s needs.
- Assist producers and employers with customer service issues such as: resolving benefit coverage and enrollment issues, assisting with billing questions and discrepancies.
- Support and assist with the development of new business and cross-selling opportunities.
- Provides support during the quoting, enrollment and renewal processes
- Initiates renewal process and may conduct renewals in conjunction with the Producer.
- Other duties and special projects may be assigned to meet business needs.
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION
- Minimum 3 to 5 years of recent Life & Disability (Health Insurance) account administration, sales and/or support experience
- High School diploma; undergraduate degree preferred
- Appropriate insurance agent’s license required and a willingness to continue education
- Intermediate to advanced-level proficiency with Microsoft Office Products: Excel, Word, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
- CRM software proficiency (MS Dynamics preferred)
- Ability to work successfully with internal and external clients at all level
- High level of organization ability and analytical skills
- Ability to work under pressure and deadlines with a high degree of self-discipline and motivation
- Must be detail-oriented, with the ability to assist sales processes
- Must possess the ability to work independently while working as part of a team
- Demonstrates highest level technical and cognitive abilities to ensure accuracy, precision and complete projects on time and on budget
- Team player, positive attitude with a strong work ethic
- Effective, professional verbal and written communication skills