Since 2001 Hansell Tierney has been one of the premier staffing and recruiting companies in Seattle Washington. As a Certified Women’s Business Enterprise (WBE), Hansell Tierney was created to serve and staff Northwest companies by doing things the right way, not just the easiest. We strive to do better by partnering with candidates, treating your experience as one of our own, providing our candidates with interesting local opportunities, and handling every relationship with the highest level of customer service possible. Our business is built on the deep understanding of the job market and the ability to over-deliver on our promises.
We are helping our client, a local, well-known and well respected credit union and banking institution with a Contractor search for an IT Business Analyst for their MS 365 Adoption Program.
Duration - 1 year (strong possibility for extension)
Location - Tukwila, WA
The Business Analyst – IT is responsible for identifying opportunities for improving services and products to CLIENT members and processes internal to CLIENT through the use of technology, exhibiting a broad knowledge base of applications and CLIENT business units supporting in a highly collaborative environment. The BA-IT accomplishes this through leveraging the functionality of applications, management of vendor relationships and maintenance of a professional working relationship with the end user of the applications. The BA-IT acts as a liaison between business units and IT departments to translate business needs and objectives into technology solutions.
- Perform all responsibilities in accordance with CLIENT Competencies, compliance, regulatory and Information Protection requirements.
- Elicit, document and communicate business and user requirements and functional specifications for CLIENT projects and programs.
- Assist team with design of technical solutions to meet project business requirements. May assist Technical Analysts with application specific production support (4th tier) as needed.
- Translate functional specifications to software vendor requirements, coordinate vendor delivery and manage applicable vendor relationships.
- Assist with test planning of technical solutions and support testing by facilitating resolution of identified bugs.
- Manage the installation of application patches, releases and enhancements on development, test, disaster recovery and production systems, following IT Change Control guidelines, and develops disaster recovery plans for business applications.
- Supports business units in documenting and prioritizing business objectives.
- Assist Business Readiness (Enterprise Analysis) for complex efforts.
- Assist team with activities to identify people, process and system impacts of business objectives for all sizes of projects/teams.
- Provide a range of operations support activities, such as application administration support, coordinating the development and maintenance of manuals/procedures for the application support team, and maintaining application upgrade and life-cycle activity roadmaps.
- Effectively manage communication between end users, vendors and IT departments to resolve production and development environment problems.
- Be familiar with security weaknesses within the applications and environments for area of responsibility and mitigate security concerns.
- Perform additional duties, as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical/related discipline required, or equivalent work or education related experience. Advanced degree preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience working as a Business Analyst with business software applications required.
- Prior workstation upgrade project experience, MS 365 experience and SharePoint Experience all required.
- Knowledge of SDLC practices required.
- Proficient verbal and written skills to effectively communicate in the English language.
- Strong understanding of various project and process methodologies, including waterfall and agile.
- Skilled in multiple methods for analyzing and validating data at the source (eg. SQL queries).
- Ability to remain informed about the events, trends and developments which affect your role, business area(s) and the Information Technology industry.
- Proven ability to manage solutions delivered in multiple programming languages and technical environments.
- Excellent troubleshooting skills to identify problems from a functional perspective, specifically when supporting end-user testing and training.
- Experience with multiple problem solving methods and ability to use them as situationally appropriate.
- Experienced with multiple methods for creating and communicating strong Business Cases, including financial analysis, strategic alignment and risk analysis.
- Ability to plan, organize, schedule and implement projects and in accordance with CLIENT and industry project management methodologies.
- Full-time hours required, with additional hours as necessary.
- Occasional travel required.
- Be available on an on-call basis to respond to pending issues or problems arising during non-business hours and provide support and response.
- Participated in upgrade from older version of Windows to Windows 10 and MS 365
- Familiar with SharePoint, SharePoint online and MS One drive.