Senior Research Associate
Since 2001 Hansell Tierney has been one of the premier staffing and recruiting companies in Seattle Washington. As a Certified Women’s Business Enterprise (WBE), Hansell Tierney was created to serve and staff Northwest companies by doing things the right way, not just the easiest. We strive to do better by partnering with candidates, treating your experience as one of our own, providing our candidates with interesting local opportunities, and handling every relationship with the highest level of customer service possible. Our business is built on the deep understanding of the job market and the ability to over-deliver on our promises.
We are currently helping our client with a search for a Sr. Research Associate.
Duration - 6 month contract, potential extension or permanent conversion
Location - Seattle, WA - LOCAL CANDIDATES ONLY
US citizens and those authorized to work in the US are encouraged to apply
Work sponsorship is not available at this time
The Sr. Research Associate in the Immunoassays team will execute experiments to interrogate the phenotype and function of gene-modified T cell drug products from experimental and clinical manufacturing processes. This is a lab-focused role that will require independence in experimental design, execution and data analysis. The Sr. Research Associate will generate data to support method development for release testing and characterization of gene-engineered T cells.
• Emphasis on hands-on participation in the lab conducting flow cytometry, cell-based immunoassays, and next-generation cell interrogation techniques.
• Partner with senior staff and project leads to design and execute experiments, and graph data.
• Support lab infrastructure, including sample management, maintaining reagent inventories, and data management.
• Participation in both independent and collaborative environments across research, process development. Present data to cross-functional groups.
• Ability to handle multiple tasks, prioritize effectively and work well in a highly matrixed team environment, with flexibility to navigate dynamic project goals.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
• Bachelor’s degree with 3-5 years experience in the field of Immunology, Cell Biology, or Cancer Biology, preferably in an industry setting. Must have familiarity with molecular and cellular immunology concepts and techniques.
• Demonstrated competency in tissue culture, flow cytometry, multiplex ELISA assays, and in vitro T cell functional assay.
• Working knowledge of flow cytometry analysis software (FlowJo, FACSDiva, FCSExpress, etc.) and plate reader software (SoftMax Pro, Envision, etc.) as well as data visualization tools (JMP, R, Spotfire, Prism, etc.).
• Experience with BD instrumentation (FACSCanto, Fortessa, Symphony, etc.), Luminex, Molecular devices and Perkin Elmer plate readers.
• Proficient in assay development and qualification.