Senior Software Engineer (Big Data)!!!
Since 2001 Hansell Tierney has been one of the premier staffing and recruiting companies in Seattle Washington. As a Certified Women’s Business Enterprise (WBE), Hansell Tierney was created to serve and staff Northwest companies by doing things the right way, not just the easiest. We strive to do better by partnering with candidates, treating your experience as one of our own, providing our candidates with interesting local opportunities, and handling every relationship with the highest level of customer service possible. Our business is built on the deep understanding of the job market and the ability to over-deliver on our promises.
Duration - FTE
Location - Seattle, WA
We are helping our client in their search for an exciting opportunity for a Senior Software Engineer with Big Data and Machine Learning experience, You are responsible for building the technology of one of the top online retailers. In this position, you must explore new technologies and collaborate with other engineers to design and build world-class technical services. Your team deploys production code rapidly to keep pace with a rapidly changing business,
As a Data Engineer you will build a core set of our high-demand data services to meet the company’s growth trajectories in both data volume and analytic needs. In this role you will:
- Collaborate with stakeholders to break down their informational needs into solvable components to recommend solutions.
- Leave your mark by formulating solutions using the latest technologies that are optimized, tuned, robust, reusable and highly scalable.
- Utilize programming tools to bring together a diverse and massive set of data sources and making them easily accessible and useful for analysis.
- Explore data sources to better understand the availability and quality of data and embraces emerging technologies in Big Data and analytics landscape for consideration and implementation.
- Disseminate knowledge across the team.
- You will architect your own code completely, and you can have it in production within less than a day.
- We have a well-defined career path for our technical talent, with measurable goals.
- Hands-on experience in “big-data” technologies such as Hadoop, Hive, Kafka and Spark, as well as a general understanding of the fundamentals of distributed data processing.
- Cloud technologies experience/knowledge is a plus (GCP, AWS, Azure)
- Professional history working in a Unix environment with scripting languages like bash.
- Experience and ability to demonstrate proficiency in writing moderate to complex SQL queries ( e.g. Hive, RDBMS, SparkQL. etc.)
- You are curious and love to work with data and solve challenging data problems.
- Hands on experience and strong proficiency with either Scala, Python, or Java.
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Management, or an Engineering related field is required.