Since 2001 Hansell Tierney has been one of the premier staffing and recruiting companies in Seattle Washington. As a Certified Women’s Business Enterprise (WBE), Hansell Tierney was created to serve and staff Northwest companies by doing things the right way, not just the easiest. We strive to do better by partnering with candidates, treating your experience as one of our own, providing our candidates with interesting local opportunities, and handling every relationship with the highest level of customer service possible. Our business is built on the deep understanding of the job market and the ability to over-deliver on our promises.
We are currently helping our client with a Tier 1 Service Desk Technician on a contract basis.
Duration - 10-12 month contract
Location - Seattle, WA - LOCAL CANDIDATES ONLY
US citizens and those authorized to work in the US are encouraged to apply
Work sponsorship is not available at this time
Tier 1 Service Desk Technician provides daily support by ensuring that proper computer hardware and software operations exist to maximize uptime for end users so they can effectively accomplish business tasks; assists users via phone and on-site support to install, upgrade, and maintain desktop and portable computer hardware, software, printers, and peripherals; installs/upgrades and provides support of desktop software; and escalates technical issues and coordinates with information technology staff to resolve problems and provide solutions; and consult with outside vendors and consultants as needed.
- Receives requests through the tracking system, via email or telephone for assistance on desktop and computer related problems including network, hardware, software, peripheral, and related equipment; determines severity of problems; troubleshoots, resolves or refers to appropriate technical staff; as appropriate, trains users in resolving problems.
- Ensures quality customer service to client users; ensures proper and accurate feedback on technical problems; and coordinates communications between client and information technology staff.
- Utilizes and maintains help desk tracking systems, software, and related systems to ensure efficient help desk and customer service operations; maintains forms, documentation, and logs; and generates reports and identify improvements in customer assistance.
- Escalates technical issues and coordinates with information technology staff to resolve problems and provide solutions; consults with outside vendors and consultants as needed.
- Min. 2 years of IT experience providing end-user support to internal clients/customers
- Operations, services and activities of a computer help desk operation.
- Methods and techniques of performing basic troubleshooting activities on computer hardware, software, printers, networked, and peripheral equipment.
- Workstation hardware, networking, and software components, printer, and desktop peripheral operating systems.
- Help desk-tracking systems.
- Principles and practices of customer service.
- Understanding, interpreting, and applying general and specific administrative and departmental policies and procedures.
- High School Diploma/GED supplemented by Technical School/College coursework in information technology or a related field