Shipping & Materials Coordinator
Since 2001 Hansell Tierney has been one of the premier staffing and recruiting companies in Seattle Washington. As a Certified Women’s Business Enterprise (WBE), Hansell Tierney was created to serve and staff Northwest companies by doing things the right way, not just the easiest. We strive to do better by partnering with candidates, treating your experience as one of our own, providing our candidates with interesting local opportunities, and handling every relationship with the highest level of customer service possible. Our business is built on the deep understanding of the job market and the ability to over-deliver on our promises.
We are currently helping our client, a growing biopharmaceutical company, with a search for a Shipping & Lab Materials Coordinator.
Duration - 6 month contract (potential to extend or convert to permanent)
Typical Work Schedule - 40 hrs/week 8am to 5pm (some flexibility in start/end times). Must be open to occasional weekend work and/or OT
Location - Seattle, WA - LOCAL CANDIDATES ONLY
US citizens and those authorized to work in the US are encouraged to apply
Work sponsorship is not available at this time
The primary focus of the Shipping & Lab Materials Coordinator. is to serve as the main point of contact for all shipments and deliveries in and out of the company. As part of the Material Handling Team, the Lab Materials Coordinator will facilitate the safe receipt, storage, retrieval and timely delivery of goods to and from the warehouse.
Scope of the Role:
1. Serves as escort, assist with delivery personnel for unloading and loading of materials
2. Support lab staff with any material needs / inquiries
3. Responsible for time and temperature sensitive material shipping / receiving items to ensure the correct delivery to storage location occurs within a timely manner
4. Unpack applicable deliveries, verify accuracy of shipment and perform put away to appropriate warehouse location
5. Collect packing slips and electronically receive after verification of proper delivery
6. Serves as liaison to daily courier (UPS/FedEx/Etc.) delivery persons
7. Responsible for shipping/receiving phone
8. Support lab staff with outbound critical shipments to a variety of destinations
9. Maintain a neat and organized warehouse space
10. Provide ancillary support to lab staff, as required
• 1 to 3 years of relevant work experience is required.
• Proficiency utilizing Excel and related tracking (shipping and receiving) software is key.
• Ability to work in a high paced environment.
• Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds
• Ability to build effective relationships within the company across several departments
• Must be able to work as a service provider to multiple intracompany clients and departments
• A relevant associate’s or B.S Degree or equivalent experience in science, engineering, or related field is preferred.
• Experience working in a laboratory environment.
• Experience with biological and hazardous materials is desired.