Since 2001 Hansell Tierney has been one of the premier staffing and recruiting companies in Seattle Washington. As a Certified Women’s Business Enterprise (WBE), Hansell Tierney was created to serve and staff Northwest companies by doing things the right way, not just the easiest. We strive to do better by partnering with candidates, treating your experience as one of our own, providing our candidates with interesting local opportunities, and handling every relationship with the highest level of customer service possible. Our business is built on the deep understanding of the job market and the ability to over-deliver on our promises.
We are currently helping our client with their search for a Business Analyst in Beaverton, OR.
Location: Beaverton, OR
A fast growing Mortgage Servicer in Beaverton, OR is seeking a Business Analyst that would lead the analysis and documentation of the Business user’s enhancements to, and requirements of our Mortgage Servicing Platform. Working with Executives, Managers and End-Users, the Business Analyst must gather and document requirements, processes, and systems flows. As a key member of the development team, the Business Analyst must possess a strong work ethic and a “do what it takes” work style.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Elicit requirements using interviews, document analysis, requirements workshops and meetings, surveys, business process descriptions, use cases, scenarios, business analysis, task and workflow analysis.
- Critically evaluate information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, decompose high-level information into details, abstract up from low-level information to a general understanding, and distinguish user requests from the underlying true needs.
- Proactively communicate and collaborate with appropriate team members and users to analyze information needs and functional requirements and deliver the following artifacts as needed: Functional requirements/Business Requirements Documents, Use Cases, Screen and Interface designs
- Successfully engage in multiple initiatives simultaneously
- Work independently with users and under direction of the Chief Technology Officer, Software Development Manager and Project Manager
- Drive and challenge business units on their assumptions of how they will successfully execute their plans
- Develop requirements specifications according to standard templates, using natural language.
- Collaborate with developers and subject matter experts to establish the technical vision and analyze tradeoffs between usability and performance needs.
- Support development team in resolving production issues/escalations based on existing procedures and SLAs
- Serve as the liaison between the business units, development and support teams.
- Deliver application and workflow training to end users.
- Document existing system design and functionality; information and processes that are not currently documented and only known by select users throughout the company
Experience in developing applications with non-relational databases is a plus
- Possess strong analytical and product management skills, including a thorough understanding of how to interpret customer business needs and translate them into application and operational requirements.
- Possess Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group including, executives, managers, and end-users. Experience in writing User Guides/Customer Manuals is required.
- Possess a College degree or equivalent work experience.
- Possess knowledge of JIRA, Microsoft Word, Excel, Access (forms and reports) and Visio
- Possess a strong work ethic with a desire to do what it takes to complete the task
- Possess production support/ticket handling skills
- Ability to adhere to quality standards and meet deadlines set by the Project Manager
- Ability to work well under pressure with frequent interruptions and shifting priorities. This includes working on multiple projects concurrently.
- Ability to facilitate group sessions, work effectively within a project team, and in collaboration with peers.
- Ability to independently plan, organize and prioritize task assignments.
- Ability to demonstrate procedural and technical writing skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, with business and technical personnel.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and project a professional business image.
- Ability to work flexible hours to work with development team as necessary
- Ability and know-how to work in an agile system
- Ability to convert waterfall-type requirements into agile User Stories
- Possess know-how and experience with systems development and the SDLC
- Mortgage servicing experience or experience with financial applications is a plus
- Experience in working in highly regulated infrastructures is a plus