Since 2001 Hansell Tierney has been one of the premier staffing and recruiting companies in Seattle Washington. As a Certified Women’s Business Enterprise (WBE), Hansell Tierney was created to serve and staff Northwest companies by doing things the right way, not just the easiest. We strive to do better by partnering with candidates, treating your experience as one of our own, providing our candidates with interesting local opportunities, and handling every relationship with the highest level of customer service possible. Our business is built on the deep understanding of the job market and the ability to over-deliver on our promises.
We are currently helping our client with their search for a Business Intelligence Manager.
Location: Beaverton, OR
A fast-growing data driven companyr in Beaverton, OR is seeking a Business Intelligence Manager for the Business Intelligence and Data Warehouse Group. Our engineering managers are an essential part of our team and exist to provide guidance and eliminate obstacles for their teams and teammates. That might include: helping someone see the bigger picture to more efficiently solve problems; or supporting professional growth opportunities.
Our Business Intelligence and Data Warehouse group is an essential part of the company team, enabling us to maximize the value derived from our data. We believe that empowering our customers within the business with the insights needed to make more informed and better decisions will enable us to further distance ourselves from the competition. We believe that to be able to deliver quality, actionable reporting and data that allow us to best serve our customers, we need to have balanced teams with the best and brightest people.
- We believe in and practice Scrum.
- We build software using Microsoft NET and C#, Node.Js; we try to use the best tool for the job.
- We manage our SDLC using a collection of industry standard toolsets.
- We strive for full automation of our software deployments and delivery.
Our leaders are not task-masters, nor do they have the responsibility to tell their engineers how to make an impact. Our leaders help motivate their teams by reinforcing our values and principles and by helping shape good judgment.
- You respect and share our values.
- You are resourceful and can help relieve even the most obstacles to make your teammates succeed. You want to be helpful.
- You love helping people achieve their goals; personal and professional.
- You have a high emotional intelligence and have a knack for recognizing your own and other teammates’ emotions and can use that information to help you shape good in your teams and teammates.
- You love working with teams of smart and driven people who are excited to solve challenging problems.
- You can talk about complex software systems and have ideas on how to build quality, performant, and easily supportable software.
- You believe in code-reviews,
- You love to cover your code with unit, integration, and performance tests.
- You are adamant about instrumenting and measuring the performance of code to find bottlenecks and improve performance.
- You exhibit dogged determination to get to the root of problems.
- You care about best-practices and evangelizing them with the team.
- You like to research and propose new techniques and methodologies to improve quality and efficiency of our software.
- You can clearly convey your thoughts, enjoy presenting accomplishment, and can cater your message to audiences both technical and non-technical.
- Designed and delivered BI solutions using data warehouses and cubes, reports, dashboards, queries, and data visualizations from the ground-up.
- You have expert knowledge of multi-dimensional modeling techniques.
- Had exposure to architectural patterns of large, high-scale web applications.
- Designed complex ETL pipelines, from logging through to delivering data products to end-users.
- Developed solutions utilizing Microsoft SQL Server, SSIS, SSRS, SSAS, among others.
- Scaled complex data processing and business logic on a terabyte-sized data warehouse.
- Developed tools supporting self-service data management pipeline.
- Created complex SQL queries to solve problems. You have a commanding grasp of T-SQL and can leverage the strengths of traditional RDBMSs.
- Helped individuals succeed by recognizing and providing opportunities for professional growth for two or more years.
- Been directly responsible for the administrative aspects of having at least two direct reports for two or more years
- Worked with RESTful APIs and public SDKs