Since 2001 Hansell Tierney has been one of the premier staffing and recruiting companies in Seattle Washington. As a Certified Women’s Business Enterprise (WBE), Hansell Tierney was created to serve and staff Northwest companies by doing things the right way, not just the easiest. We strive to do better by partnering with candidates, treating your experience as one of our own, providing our candidates with interesting local opportunities, and handling every relationship with the highest level of customer service possible. Our business is built on the deep understanding of the job market and the ability to over-deliver on our promises.
Our Client has built a first-of-its-kind web platform that integrates government data on spending, revenue, and outcomes from more than 70 different sources, spanning federal, state, and local levels. Their goal is to encourage serious, informed debate and to provide interested citizens with the facts they need to understand government.
The Data Visualization Analyst will build visual stories and interactive graphics that enable the public to explore and understand government data. The ideal applicant will design and build visualizations of complex datasets to create compelling stories based on real facts. Working on a growing team of committed professionals, responsibilities will include:
- Design innovative visualizations that help explain government data to interested citizens
- Suggest and build static, dynamic and interactive data visualizations and novel ways of telling stories
- Leverage data from a variety of sources
- Supporting the production of interactive elements of products including 10-K, annual report, and digital infographics
- Collaborate with web design partners to leverage and improve content management system
- Work comfortably across platforms including social, web, and mobile to tell stories around data
- Be responsible for quickly responding to data visualization opportunities, based on news of the day, as it arises
The position is in Bellevue, Washington, a suburb of Seattle, Washington.
- 3-5 years of experience in data visualization
- Ideal candidate will have experience telling stories with data and a passion for making complicated subjects easy to understand
- Passion for communicating with and educating non-numbers people on data issues
- Proven ability to work with data with extreme precision and care
- Ability and willingness to remove political bias from work-products
- Exposure to and interest in government data and current events
- Experience with APIs, databases (SQL, Mongo, etc) and business intelligence software (Power BI, Tableau, etc) a plus but not required