Since 2001 Hansell Tierney has been one of the premier staffing and recruiting companies in Seattle Washington. As a Certified Women’s Business Enterprise (WBE), Hansell Tierney was created to serve and staff Northwest companies by doing things the right way, not just the easiest. We strive to do better by partnering with candidates, treating your experience as one of our own, providing our candidates with interesting local opportunities, and handling every relationship with the highest level of customer service possible. Our business is built on the deep understanding of the job market and the ability to over-deliver on our promises.
We are currently helping our client, a privately funded avionics company South King County, with their search for a contract Buyer for their growing team.
Duration - 12 month contract, with possibility of extension &/or permanent conversion
Location - South King County, WA
US citizens and those authorized to work in the US are encouraged to apply
Work sponsorship is not available at this time
We are seeking a sharp Buyer (manufacturing) to support a unique team of passionate and accomplished individuals! In this role, you will participate in day to day tactical purchasing functions for various systems, sharing in the team’s impact on all aspects of supplier communications, product pricing, and quality, and build schedule.
Scope of the Role:
• Collaborates with program leads to identify long lead materials
• Organizes purchasing the material and product requirements for programs
• Preps purchase orders in Coupa software
• Works with sourcing and program team to select suppliers for bid and award from the approved list in order to achieve program objectives
• Ensures suppliers documentation such as terms and conditions and NDAs are ready prior to engagement
• Manages orders with suppliers, monitors backlog and daily order status report, adjusts schedules as needed, manage/modify POs with overdue shipments and open orders
• Works with logistics team to ensure timely and economical deliveries of all materials to production location
• Ensure that all requirements for purchasing, storage, and transportation of materials are adhered to
• Monitors suppliers’ performance and prepares reports and other records
• Resolves discrepancies related to purchasing, delivery, receiving, accounts payable invoices, and payment to the supplier
• Expedites materials for shortage management
• Coordinate returns to vendor for discrepant material from receiving inspection
Desired but not required: