Senior Software Engineer (Integration)
Since 2001 Hansell Tierney has been one of the premier staffing and recruiting companies in Seattle Washington. As a Certified Women’s Business Enterprise (WBE), Hansell Tierney was created to serve and staff Northwest companies by doing things the right way, not just the easiest. We strive to do better by partnering with candidates, treating your experience as one of our own, providing our candidates with interesting local opportunities, and handling every relationship with the highest level of customer service possible. Our business is built on the deep understanding of the job market and the ability to over-deliver on our promises.
Duration - FTE
Location - Seattle, WA
We are helping our client in their search for a Senior Software Engineer to help build next generation financial applications
Your key responsibilities will be:
- Working on a team to improve, create, and maintain API integrations with multiple third-party vendors and internal products.
- Translate complex business requirements into technical requirements and application architecture and design.
- Participate in hands-on software development, including design and code reviews.
- Partner with the QA testing teams for test case validation and defect remediation, including providing production implementation support.
- Provide technical leadership and partner with team members and management on increasing efficiency of development processes and procedures, including release and build processes, code reviews, and peer programming.
- Work effectively with management and team members to clarify needs and plan delivery of major product changes, future versions and new products.
- Collaborate cross-functionally to provide responsive support to escalated customer issues.
- Continually grow skills to enhance your technical expertise.
- Ability to mentor other developers and help them grow and improve.
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- 10+ years of experience as a Software Engineer
- Extensive experience with the .NET platform and .NET framework
- Extensive experience with building and consuming both REST and SOAP APIs
- Extensive experience with API Architecture and Design
- Expert knowledge of C#
- Broad experience in troubleshooting existing code
- Ability to work as part of a team with minimal supervision in a results-oriented, fast-paced dynamic environment
- Expert analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent communication and organization skills
- Experience with mentoring other developers on your team
- Professional experience in the financial services industry
- Exposure to TSQL: stored procedures, understanding of general database structure
- Exposure to CRM systems and integrating with them
- Familiarity with identifying PII (Personally Identifiable Information)
- Experience with unit testing frameworks, code coverage metrics, and dependency injection