Since 2001 Hansell Tierney has been one of the premier staffing and recruiting companies in Seattle Washington. As a Certified Women’s Business Enterprise (WBE), Hansell Tierney was created to serve and staff Northwest companies by doing things the right way, not just the easiest. We strive to do better by partnering with candidates, treating your experience as one of our own, providing our candidates with interesting local opportunities, and handling every relationship with the highest level of customer service possible. Our business is built on the deep understanding of the job market and the ability to over-deliver on our promises.
We are currently helping our client with a search for a Avionics Hardware Technician, located in the Kent/Auburn area.
Duration - 6 month contract to hire
Location - Kent, WA
US citizens and those authorized to work in the US are encouraged to apply
Work sponsorship is not available at this time
As an Avionics Hardware Tech, you will be a senior contributor responsible for manufacturing, assembling and supporting testing of hardware that meets program requirements.
- Perform workmanship quality inspections on circuit cards, wire harnesses and other electronic parts and assemblies.
- Follow detailed work instructions to assemble electronic and electro-mechanical assemblies and wire harnesses.
- Soldering and cleaning at board and component levels.
- Fabrication of support brackets, electronics boxes.
- Installation of wire harnesses and instrumentation on test set-ups, Ground Support Equipment and flight vehicles.
- Designing and fabrication of assembly tooling.
- Working with engineers to review design concepts, provide feedback for ease of assembly, and support development tests.
- Reviewing and editing work instructions for assembly tasks.
- Recommending, Planning and communicating assembly steps for complex installations.
- Safely work with hazardous systems containing chemicals, high pressure and low/high voltage.
- Support Qualification testing of avionics assemblies.
- Continuity and isolation tests.
- Provide prototyping support manufacturing and assembly.
- Support remote test site facility installations and field operations as required.
- At least 5 years’ experience in Aerospace Avionics or related fields.
- Basic electronics training.
- ESD process and controls experience.
- Demonstrated capability to use standard electronics tools, soldering, wire harness manufacturing/repair, electronic test equipment and basic fabrication shop equipment.
- Basic hand tool experience such as, torque wrenches, screw drivers, and crimpers.
- Experience working with mechanical structures.
- Attention to detail, passion for space and for success.
- Able to lift 50 lbs
- 5+ years’ experience in launch vehicle or propulsion system assembly, vehicle integration, testing and processing.
- Experience in staking and conformal coating.
- Experience with power systems and high voltage systems.
- Certification in and/or Knowledge of IPC standards for assembly and inspection.
- J-STD soldering certification.
- Experience and capability to interface with software systems such as data bases & systems such as Microsoft Office Suite.