Executive/Administrative Assistant (Communications Team)
Hansell Tierney is currently helping our client, a local philanthropic organization whose mission is to empower women and children across the globe, with their search for an Executive/Administrative Assistant for their Communications Team. This is an opportunity to work for a world class and one of a kind enterprise.
Location - Kirkland, WA
Contract Duration – 1 year contract (fully benefited - amazing benefits!)
Pay Rate - market hourly pay
Must be able to pass Background Investigation including Criminal, Public Records and Credit Checks.
Must possess a valid driver's license with a good driving record for occasional work-related errands.
The role is responsible for administrative support to the communications team, including: day-to-day calendar management and support with travel planning, logistics and expense tracking. This role provides “surge support” and lift to the communications team and works in close coordination with the teams Communications Administrator. This role ensures the communications team runs effectively and efficiently and collaborates across the organization to help facilitate the work of the communications team, often with tight timeline parameters. Other areas of focus will be supporting and coordinating in-office and off-site communications events and activities. This role will additionally represent the communications team with external contract partners and peer organizations and requires a high caliber of oral and written communication skills.
Primarily focused on support of two Sr. Communications Managers and spot/surge support for communications team members for scheduling and expense reporting.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Schedule full calendar, driving priorities and reschedule others; troubleshoot when necessary; collaborate with partners and assistants within Pivotal Ventures and in other organizations.
• End to end expense tracking, administration and reporting.
• Arrange travel through travel agent and troubleshoot travel itineraries.
• Ensure meeting rooms are reserved and set up.
• Cross-train and provide back-up as needed to other administrators and functions.
• Provide high level of customer service to all communications team visitors, guests and partners.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
• 7+ years of combined experience in administration and executive support. Experience in the following industries preferred: hospitality, public relations, communications, high tech, executive office.
• College degree is preferred.
• Solid understanding of social media.
• Position requires proficiency using Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and basic math concepts (add, subtract, multiply, divide, common fractions).
• Demonstrated outstanding customer service skills focusing on proactive anticipation of customized needs.
• Must have a proven track record of working in a dynamic, fast-paced environment, requiring a high level of attention to detail.
• Demonstrated experience in maintaining confidentiality and privacy during sensitive situations and able to use discretion with communications. Must be able to uphold and ensure security and confidentiality of all information.
• Demonstrated effectiveness meeting deadlines in a role requiring continual attention to detail in composing, typing and proofing materials.
• Able to work very well independently, and able to disseminate information clearly and concisely.
• Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills. Able to maintain a positive, cooperative and professional attitude in stressful and time sensitive situations and circumstances.
• Exceptional organization and time management skills - able to prioritize multiple tasks to meet changing deadlines and requests, while strategically thinking ahead.
PROVEN QUALITIES & CHARACTERISTICS
To be successful in this role you will need to be a self-starter with plenty of energy and the ability to remain flexible. At times, you will be called upon to stretch your schedule, roll with the punches and provide rapid response all while maintaining a high degree of attention to detail, diligence, and confidentiality. An informality and, at times, a comfort with ambiguity combined with a sense of humor will be key characteristics to see your way through.
• Ability to offer creative solutions when faced with challenges, thinking through alternatives and implementing the best course of action and working toward simple solutions.
• Outstanding people skills and ability to interface with diverse groups, individuals and across multiple organizations, treating all with respect and consideration regardless of status or position.
• Openness and willingness to learn. Uses failures as a positive teaching tool with the mindset of continuous improvement.
• Ability to engage and adopt a ‘hands on’ approach when appropriate.
• Active listener and ability to collaborate across teams and organizations.
• Demonstrated excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Experience in a fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability to juggle multiple and competing demands and establish priorities, while providing continual attention to detail and good humor.
• Celebrates the successes of others and self.
• Enthusiasm and passion for philanthropy and personal commitment to the important role that women and girls can play in transforming the world.