Hansell Tierney is helping our client, the largest Public School District in Washington State, with a search for an SAP Business Analyst - Mid-Senior level.
Location - Seattle (SoDo) - Free parking available - Local candidates only, no 3rd parties
Duration - Direct Hire/FTE or 3 months contract to hire, at the candidates preference
SAP Business Analyst (Mid - Senior)
This position's responsibilities, under general direction, are to ensure that the CLIENT's automated systems and related business processes support and enhance CLIENT and department goals, policies and procedures. Working in a lead role or as part of a team, the Business Analyst-Senior implements and continually improves complex business systems, either custom developed or commercial, configurable off-the-shelf. This position is in the SAP team and will support the HR module, specifically HR, PA, OM and Benefits. The position works with customer departments to analyze identified deficiencies or desired changes and help identify options to improve with related benefits, costs and risks. Position uses industry standard methodologies and best practices in project management and product development lifecycle to accomplish work. Position writes detailed description of user needs, program functions, and steps required to develop or modify business systems; provides training and support on systems and processes. Serves as a subject matter expert on functional business process and systems as needed. This is a senior position that relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Position is differentiated primarily by depth of experience, size/complexity of projects and frequency/scope of leadership role fulfillment.
- Facilitates identification of as-is and to-be business processes, ensuring alignment with policies and procedures and state/federal laws, regulation and code.
- Creates detailed functional business requirement specifications and ensures proper testing hand-offs for integration testing.
- Monitors the scope throughout the project and ensures that any changes requested to the scope are evaluated for project impact and business need.
- Leads or acts as team member in Testing activities, following best practices.
- Provides consultation to business unit management staff to determine solutions to business problems.
- Identifies business benefits desired, options to achieve them and associated costs/risks of each.
- Develops and manages to all documentation including Charter, schedule, risks/issues list, budget, communication plan and other required supporting plans in keeping with organizational standards.
- Communicates effectively with the client and internal partners for analysis/resolution of issues or project impacts.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Performs tier 3 support – includes escalated support and implementation of system releases, employing all of above skills as needed to ensure smooth and continually improving operation for District operation.
- Designs support plans, schedules and training of other support staff.
- Develops system Documentation including operational/technical and user-facing documentation, operating procedures, related District policies and procedures and reference materials.
- Primary Skill: SAP ECC 6.0 Benefits, Organizational Management, Personal Administration
- Secondary Skill: SAP Payroll
- Work flow analysis and improvement methodologies;
- Systems analysis and design methodologies;
- Project management;
- Understanding concepts of business area supported at an expert level;
- Project management, including use of project scheduling tools;
- Analyzing and defining user business requirements and restating as design and requirement documents for the technical development staff;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Facilitating multi-department meetings;
- Dealing with staff and management at all levels;
- Technical configuration as appropriate to system being supported;
- Data analysis;
- Data correction and data transfers;
- Complex query writing;
- Schema changes as appropriate to system being supported;
- Complex problem solving across departments and divisions;
- Office productivity tools such as MS Word and Excel.
- Lead and facilitate meetings of small groups and project teams, including both technical and non-technical personnel;
- Develop and maintain detailed program plans, estimates and schedules;
- Analyze and implement improvements to existing manual or automated systems in light of changing business needs and technologies; develop and maintain project schedules;
- Work effectively with core users and casual users; develop training materials and train core and casual users;
- Show awareness of and honor the cultural and linguistic diversity in the schools and communities;
- Support ways to engage families/students from diverse cultures.
Bachelor's degree in mathematics or computer science or related field or completion of equivalent training.
YEARS OF RELEVANT EXPERIENCE:
3+ years of related work experience in SAP HR, OM, PA, and Benefits.