Hansell Tierney is helping our client with a Direct Hire search for an SAP Finance Analyst.
Location - Downtown Seattle
Duration - FTE
SAP Finance Analyst
Our CLIENT is looking for 2 high energy, analytical and communicative SAP Finance Analysts to join their growing IT team. The ideal candidates will bring their strong knowledge of SAP Financials (FI) and Controlling (CO). One of these roles will have a special emphasis on Accounts Payable while the other will focus more specifically on General Ledger.
Our CLIENT is in process to migrate to SAP’s HANA based systems, including S/4HANA, and this role will support these efforts.
SAP Finance Analysts are part of the SAP Center of Excellence (CoE), which is an integrated support organization. In this role, you will have the opportunity to be a part of a dynamic and collaborative team. SAP Analysts are leveraged across numerous SAP modules to partner with the team in daily support of our businesses.
SAP Finance Analysts closely align with business stakeholders to elicit, analyze and document customer needs into well-organized business requirements. You will develop solutions, provide production support and implement enhancements or project initiatives.
Key Functions and Responsibilities:
- Strong business process knowledge in SAP Financial Modules
- Must have a thorough understanding of one or more Financial Areas (GL, AA, AP, AR)
- Working knowledge of Finance integration with Order to Cash and Procure to Pay processes
- Perform root cause analysis on system failures and correct system configuration defects – provide support for SAP Incidents with other analysts to resolve business/system issues in a timely fashion
- Share in on-call rotation with analyst team for after-hours critical issues
- Perform SAP configuration, implementation and support in an ECC 6.0 environment. Ensure adherence to quality standards and change processes
- Support migration to S/4HANA
- Develop business relationships and integrate activities with Finance counterparts, other IT groups and external partners to ensure successful implementation and support of project efforts
- Identify and respond with innovative ideas that provide new business capabilities, business process simplifications or creates process efficiencies
- Communicate SAP capabilities to IT and business partners
- Partner with customers and technical staff to define business requirements. Translate business requirements into documented functional and technical specifications. Design and execute test plans to ensure business objectives are met.
- Deploy SAP functionality to satisfy business requirements and business process design, using our Agile planning and delivery methodology
- Support SAP integration with peripheral systems
- Participate in ITIL problem & change management processes as appropriate
- Plan, organize, and lead projects or larger initiatives
- Skills in Profit Center Accounting, Asset Accounting, Foreign Currency, Tax, GL (Classic and New), Consolidations and Receivables Management (FSCM/Dispute Management)
- Knowledge of core ERP Master Data, as well as Master Data specific to supply chain processes (Vendors, Customers, Cost Centers, Profit Centers, etc.)
- Experience in SAP S/4HANA, Central Finance, Business Planning and Consolidations (BPC), and GLSU
- Basic knowledge of interface constructs such as IDocs and EDI
- Experience in Solution Manager, BW, SAP Fiori, Design Thinking, and prototyping tools are all desirable skills
- Bachelor's Degree in Information Systems or related field is required
- 5+ years of experience configuring and supporting SAP in one or more Financial Areas (GL, AA, AP, AR)
- Ability to interact with business users and team members to understand problems, prioritize needs, collect requirements, and follow through on commitments
- Ability to manage multiple assignments and conflicting priorities
- Ability to develop simple solutions to complex problems
- Ability to work independently under limited supervision
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- The ideal candidate will have a “can do”, positive, team attitude