Since 2001 Hansell Tierney has been one of the premier staffing and recruiting companies in Seattle Washington. As a Certified Women’s Business Enterprise (WBE), Hansell Tierney was created to serve and staff Northwest companies by doing things the right way, not just the easiest. We strive to do better by partnering with candidates, treating your experience as one of our own, providing our candidates with interesting local opportunities, and handling every relationship with the highest level of customer service possible. Our business is built on the deep understanding of the job market and the ability to over-deliver on our promises.
Location: Seattle, WA
Duration: 12 month contract
We are looking for a Senior Technical Analyst is responsible for using advanced troubleshooting expertise in providing technical guidance and functional support for internal and member facing applications. The Senior Technical Analyst is skilled in application functionality as well as in systems engineering principles and practices. The Senior Technical Analyst is responsible for technical and functional support of strategic business initiatives, aligning with Business Solutions to understand current and anticipated business process needs and managing applications to insure optimal functionality.
- Perform all responsibilities in accordance with Company's Competencies and Information Protection requirements.
- Troubleshoots complex technical problems from a functional perspective, supporting end-user applications.
- Utilize technical tools such as Splunk, SCOM, AppDynamics for identification and resolution of complex issues
- Support IIS, Web Services & Service Oriented Architecture.
- Partner with the Business Analysts to support application enhancements, modifications or new products.
- Participate in monthly vendor support meetings.
- Key resource for Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery planning and execution.
- Develop and maintain advanced technical expertise for all applications supporting by IT Business Analysts.
- Effectively manage communication between end users, vendors, and IT departments to resolve production.
- Serve as an advisor to customers while researching and resolving complex end-user problems.
- Recognize complex problems, develop recommendations and solutions and oversee corrections that involve multiple stakeholders.
- Research and resolve issues using SQL and/or various relational database concepts and languages.
- Provide application training to the help desk for supported applications.
- Participate in business readiness IT discovery sessions and business requirement sessions to provide user requirement information.
- Provide support for software releases for assigned applications and/or business units.
- Lead teams while coordinating and resolving high-impact production issues.
- Mentor and train other Technical Analysts.
- Perform additional duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related discipline required, or equivalent work or educational experience. Advanced degree preferred.
- Minimum 5 years of systems analysis experience required.
- Minimum 7 years of experience working with financial institution software applications preferred.
- Minimum 7 years of experience working in SDLC/PMLC environment preferred.
- Understand modern approaches to deployment automation on both cloud-based infrastructure and bare-metal.
- Demonstrated track record of organizing and tracking the progress of multiple projects across the software development lifecycle
- Two to three years of SQL and/or various relational database concepts and languages preferred.
- Experience with Microsoft IIS 7.0 – 8.5 required.
- Experience with Web Services and Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) required.
- Experience with technical tools such as Splunk, SCOM, AppDynamics, Powershell & load balancers, or other similar diagnostic tools preferred.
- Advanced software troubleshooting skills required.
- Experience as a Software Support Analyst, Project Manager, or Systems Engineering preferred.
- Ability to work on call on a rotational basis required.
- Proficient verbal and written skills to effectively communicate in the English language.