Hansell Tierney is helping our client, the personal Estate Management Services Firm for a HIGH-PROFILE, HIGH NET-WORTH FAMILY in the NW, with a search for a Construction Auditor.
Location - Kirkland, WA
Duration - open-ended and long term (multi-year) - this is how this organization does their long term hiring
Travel: up to 10-15% possible (have a passport or ability to obtain one)
Must be able to pass a very extensive background check
Summary: The Construction Auditor supports the end-to-end process for the Project Management team from solicitation of bids to final closeout.
Required Education and Experience:
- Provides process improvement recommendations to project team.
- Remains knowledgeable of construction industry risks and current events.
- Reviews, verifies, and analyzes information related to construction project activities.
- Creates and maintains audit work papers.
- Understands Contract Scope, terms and conditions, and applies to downstream processes such as Change Management and Invoicing.
- Responsible for identifying contract risk exposures, performing analysis of data to contractual requirements and effectively negotiating settlements. Makes recommendations for best practices.
- Provides Real Estate and Procurement team with recommendations on audit scope.
- Consolidates results and recommendations in audit repository and follows-up on status
- Provide Procurement guidance on Construction/PPE vendor selection and spend.
- Bachelors Degree in Accounting, Engineering, Finance, or other relevant discipline is required. Advanced academic training or specialized knowledge in relevant areas may be considered in lieu of some experience.
- Certified Construction Auditor (CCA) highly preferred
Skills and Abilities:
- 5+ years of audit and construction industry experience.
- Experience reviewing construction and engineering contract awards and agreements, change management, invoicing, cost reporting and schedule.
- The ability to work both independently and in a team environment and be able to effectively interact with all levels of management.
- Excellent analytical and communication (verbal, written) skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Ability to develop and implement audit programs and lead change.
- Ability to communicate in a timely and service-oriented manner with all internal and external business partners.